• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Abu Dhabi slaying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I Of the modern and developed first world countries out there,.

is ranked very high when looking at developed first world countries which are the countries NEdude was talking about.

Hey! You're the one who led me down the path. If you go with the IMF definition, Developed countries are not First World. That's an Oxymoron. The IMF says "Advanced Economies" are First World, and they consider Russia second world because it has a developed economy which is more industrial as opposed to service based.

Clearly this first, second, third world thing is an argument that can't be won or lost. There are so many and diverse definitions, the terms have no real meaning. After rereading your posts, it's pretty clear you and I are in just about total agreement anyway.

Last edited:
Hey! You're the one who led me down the path. If you go with the IMF definition, Developed countries are not First World. That's an Oxymoron. The IMF says "Advanced Economies" are First World, and they consider Russia second world because it has a developed economy which is more industrial as opposed to service based.

Clearly this first, second, third world thing is an argument that can't be won or lost. There are so many and diverse definitions, the terms have no real meaning. After rereading your posts, it's pretty clear you and I are in just about total agreement anyway.

You are correct!

Latest resources

Back