• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Think what you want, Howie, but- newsflash- pilots are people, and people remember. You want solidarity? Should have thought of that before you took 3.5 YEARS of my seniority that I earned. You can argue semantics all you want, but it's all just chin music.

As for me . . . . I will show up, do my job well, as I always have, and go home. I don't owe any of you anything other than that.

Last edited:
QOL and pay is what counts...no one should have to take a big hit on either because their company was acquired....many SWA pilots understand...but there is not much sympathy for the AAI pilots because we all wanted to be at SWA...

Think what you want, Howie, but- newsflash- pilots are people, and people remember. You want solidarity? Should have thought of that before you took 3.5 YEARS of my seniority that I earned. You can argue semantics all you want, but it's all just chin music.

As for me . . . . I will show up, do my job well, as I always have, and go home. I don't owe any of you anything other than that.

I really don't want anything but an industry leading contract, you should want the same. All the rest is "chin music." I agree you don't owe anyone anything, but the smart play is to improve your lot in life as much as possible, if you can't see that you are blinded by things that cannot be changed.

You're a real SWA pilot then, since that's what the vast majority do. Will you also vote yes on every single thing that SWAPA puts forth, if you bother to vote at all?

You're a real SWA pilot then, since that's what the vast majority do. Will you also vote yes on every single thing that SWAPA puts forth, if you bother to vote at all?

Since my whole life seems to be promulgated off of Airtran 2001 rates, voting "no" will still be a raise. So, no, I wont be voting 'yes' just because SWAPA says to ...

Unfortunately the SWA posters on FI didn't actually take your 3.5 years of seniority away. And BTW that number doesn't tell the story, your 30% seniority loss is what keeps you up at night. You will see very quickly when you transition over what has happened at SWA and what is currently happening. This anger will quickly dissipate as you realize that to a union and member the kool aid is all but gone. You will and should expect more than a bag tag from SWAPA and when the learn how to stick up for their pilots they will have our support. Advertising that your a former pissed off AT pilot sounds cool here. But doesn't translate well into reality. Otherwise you would quit, because you strike me as someone who enjoys the job and people, and just haven't ha the opportunity to move past the acquisition.

Unfortunately the SWA posters on FI didn't actually take your 3.5 years of seniority away. And BTW that number doesn't tell the story, your 30% seniority loss is what keeps you up at night. You will see very quickly when you transition over what has happened at SWA and what is currently happening. This anger will quickly dissipate as you realize that to a union and member the kool aid is all but gone. You will and should expect more than a bag tag from SWAPA and when the learn how to stick up for their pilots they will have our support. Advertising that your a former pissed off AT pilot sounds cool here. But doesn't translate well into reality. Otherwise you would quit, because you strike me as someone who enjoys the job and people, and just haven't ha the opportunity to move past the acquisition.

Thanks, Man.

I'm usually OK with it, until some a@@hole who has never even walked a picket line once starts in with the "thank us for your pay rates" or some newly-upgraded toolbag like MJ forgets where that seat he is sitting in actually came from.

Other than that, I'm OK. :D

Ty, quit blaming the SWA pilots for your loss. No one on the SWA side cares about your upset cart when most of our fo's got jacked in this deal. Also, if your precious seat was so important, why did you give it away?

Ty, quit blaming the SWA pilots for your loss. No one on the SWA side cares about your upset cart when most of our fo's got jacked in this deal. Also, if your precious seat was so important, why did you give it away?

That's like asking why you guys voted for it. Dumb question. Dumber still, if you think that I voted for it. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back