AA/US not merging??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HAL

Take this with a ton of salt, since I heard it mid-Pacific on the air-to-air freq., but someone on a business jet with an internet connection said he just read that the AA board decided to not accept US's merger plan, and wanted to emerge from bankruptcy as a stand-alone company. Anyone else hearing the same thing? Or was it a case of pulling the legs of the AA and US crews listening?

HAL

my nephew's grandmother who worked in a sock plant for 35 years in kannapolis, hometown of dale earnhardt, told me the same thing at dinner last night.

:beer:

Take this with a ton of salt, since I heard it mid-Pacific on the air-to-air freq., but someone on a business jet with an internet connection said he just read that the AA board decided to not accept US's merger plan, and wanted to emerge from bankruptcy as a stand-alone company. Anyone else hearing the same thing? Or was it a case of pulling the legs of the AA and US crews listening?

HAL

Take this with a ton of pepper. I to heard this. I heard it mid-atlantic on the air-to-air freq., but this time someone in a blimp with an internet connection said the same thing as the guy in the business jet.

M

I heard it too. The guy was very convincing. Now it appears he was just an ass. He had the poor AA guys going. Now I'm guessing he was a USAir guy trying to gauge a reaction from the AA guys. Classless.

The new company is going to be called turducken. American is the turkey airways is the chicken and America west is the duck. So airways gets absorbed by american the turkey and then america west the duck finally gets absorbed by the chicken and the turkey. And then everyone eats it and throws up.

HAL

I don't think AA's board would accept the offer, but ultimately the unsecured creditors committee make the go/no go decision on a merger.

HAL

Take this with a ton of pepper. I to heard this. I heard it mid-atlantic on the air-to-air freq., but this time someone in a blimp with an internet connection said the same thing as the guy in the business jet.

M

Actually it was me, and I was transmitting from aboard the ISS...

The AMR Board of directors don't get to decide anything since they chose to go BK and stiff the creditors. They will decide. Not management.

Latest resources

Back