Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA/US Airways merger and impact to their regionals...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AcarsMe

So does anyone here have any thoughts/speculations/rumors about what would happen to Piedmont, PSA, and Eagle if/when this merger goes forward?

I don't know how it will go, but I wouldn't expect good news.

From the APA term sheet looks like a major relaxing of scope. Up to 255 88 seaters, jet and turboprop lumped together.

you'll see scope shift 737's to PSA/Eagle to replace legacy retirements with regional wages.....big hiring boom we all waited for, except not exactly what we expected

So does anyone here have any thoughts/speculations/rumors about what would happen to Piedmont, PSA, and Eagle if/when this merger goes forward?

Yep. Smash it all together as one giant corn-studded turd, IPO it and hope for the best.

AA/USAir may have solved their retirement/pilot shortage...If AA gets what they want some regionals will grow. There will be less mainline jobs..

In the end, everytime one of these majors goes bankrupt, the 121 industry gets dragged down. Pilot pay at AA will be cut, scope will givin up, regionals will grow and the future for pilots will suck more.

The legacies have found their way around scope. Go bankrupt....

Soon, regionals will be flying 717, 737 style a/c for half the pay of a legacy..It'll take just a few more bankruptcies...

I predict AA will slash their costs so much that there will be other majors who will cry poor due to not being able to compete will AA..In turn contracts will be gutted in one way or another

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back