Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

acaTerry

SAPM
I keep hearing that AA pay is "about to go way up". How so? Granted I have been handcuffed to NutJets the past 9 years (can't wait to escape) so I'm a bit out of touch with what's going on in the 121 world, but I can' find anything to support the rumor (or fact?). So someone tell me:
1) How / why will it got up?
2) Please define "way up".

I'm a FI veteran since the site was founded so I know how it goes here.....you won't hurt my feelings! Go ahead, and thanks!!!

I keep hearing that AA pay is "about to go way up". How so? Granted I have been handcuffed to NutJets the past 9 years (can't wait to escape) so I'm a bit out of touch with what's going on in the 121 world, but I can' find anything to support the rumor (or fact?). So someone tell me:
1) How / why will it got up?
2) Please define "way up".

I'm a FI veteran since the site was founded so I know how it goes here.....you won't hurt my feelings! Go ahead, and thanks!!!

AA pay rates are set by the contract they signed last year, plus a bit more for the MOU which is about to become effective at the merger POR date (tomorrow), which have been posted on this board multiple times. There is no rumor involved, those pay rates are fact, and they aren't going to change anytime soon. "Way up" is a matter of perspective I suppose. 8% raise Jan 1st, 3% raise 2015, 16.5% raise 2016 ("parity review" with Delta and United contracts), 3.5% 2017 and again in 2018.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=152121

AA pay rates are set by the contract they signed last year, plus a bit more for the MOU which is about to become effective at the merger POR date (tomorrow), which have been posted on this board multiple times. There is no rumor involved, those pay rates are fact, and they aren't going to change anytime soon. "Way up" is a matter of perspective I suppose. 8% raise Jan 1st, 3% raise 2015, 16.5% raise 2016 ("parity review" with Delta and United contracts), 3.5% 2017 and again in 2018.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=152121

Thanks. I guess an off the street guy will see about 27% because it will probably be a loooong line to get hired.

so what will first year pay be at the new AA?

Thanks. I guess an off the street guy will see about 27% because it will probably be a loooong line to get hired.

If you're thinking of leaving for the majors in the next couple years, you're timimg should be good. United, Delta, and American are going to be hiring large numbers for at least the next 10 years. Yes, there are a lot of applicants right now, but all three carriers are and will be pulling from the same pool. My choice if looking to move to a major right now would be Delta, American, then United, but it's all good. What is it they say? Go with the first one that calls. If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with NetJets?

" If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with NetJets?"

Uh , yeah...?

Run that logic by us if you would.

YKW
I'm a furloughed NetJets guy (next mo. will be 4 yrs) and can answer one aspect of his comment; at least there's a MANDATORY retirement age at aa.

Latest resources

Back