• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA liquidation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
although after reading the Generals post and hearing what the people I know at DAL say, it sure seems like they did a better job of pissing off both sides more equally.

Dan- it's done. I have commented ad nauseum along with everyone else- no one is confused about my position, except you who want to keep it going- on an AA thread no less

How did they lose 3 years? SERIOUSLY? Did they not carry over their longevity WRT sick, vacation, and their DOH for non rev travel? I'm tired of hearing how the NW guys lost out. Anyone wanna guess what a '91 hire PMDL lost?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'll take a "guess"... 3 1/2 years worst case for a relatively small number of 91 DAL hires. You need to take another look at the arbitrated list. The top 2000, at least, of the NWA list lost approx. 3 years. As for your other points...sick leave? don't even go there dude....many NWA had 2000+ hrs accrued...and it went to 240 hours at DAL. Vacation? Yep...kept their longevity for that, but find themselves a lot more junior in category when vacation bidding comes around(see above). Non-rev travel based on DOH? Yeah...that makes up for everything.. in other words, they got DOH for everything.... except what matters..

Don't get me wrong...lot's of good things for the nwa's in the merger, but until they can use their non-rev boarding priority when they bid for monthly schedules, positions on AE's, and vacations, I'll have to laugh when you ask "how did they lose 3 years" "SERIOUSLY?"

You have access to the same info I do. SERIOUSLY

Last edited:
So there you have it-
And it's my opinion that the SWA job is worth a good 2+years of seniority relative to what air tran was management wise- and what they were striving for contractually-
Give the integration time to settle in like DAL/NW has had and I think you'll find that this integration will be as well managed as any has ever been- and a whole lot of pilots will be happy and making a whole lot of $$ in an airline growing in ways neither side expected when we started.
Let's let this thing shake out-
And I give my heartfelt strength and encouragement to AA- it is very hard to think about your career being liquidated- and it's certainly not deserved by the employees after the way mgmt has behaved the last 10 years-
Give back all bonuses and then talk about concessions -
Ridiculous

How did they lose 3 years? SERIOUSLY? Did they not carry over their longevity WRT sick, vacation, and their DOH for non rev travel? I'm tired of hearing how the NW guys lost out. Anyone wanna guess what a '91 hire PMDL lost?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bet you are, since your DAL, and you know what you got was not fair.

Yeah, I'll take a "guess"... 3 1/2 years worst case for a relatively small number of 91 DAL hires. You need to take another look at the arbitrated list. The top 2000, at least, of the NWA list lost approx. 3 years. As for your other points...sick leave? don't even go there dude....many NWA had 2000+ hrs accrued...and it went to 240 hours at DAL. Vacation? Yep...kept their longevity for that, but find themselves a lot more junior in category when vacation bidding comes around(see above). Non-rev travel based on DOH? Yeah...that makes up for everything.. in other words, they got DOH for everything.... except what matters..

Don't get me wrong...lot's of good things for the nwa's in the merger, but until they can use their non-rev boarding priority when they bid for monthly schedules, positions on AE's, and vacations, I'll have to laugh when you ask "how did they lose 3 years" "SERIOUSLY?"

You have access to the same info I do. SERIOUSLY
I'm not going to hijack a thread on rehashed baloney! Let's just agree to disagree.

Back to what's going on at AA, looks like things are starting to unravel very quickly. The next few weeks are going to be very ugly.

Most of them lost about 2 years. There were some at the bottom that lost a few more than that because Delta hired 600 pilots in 2007/08 and NWA hired a lot less, and year 2000 hires were blended in with those 2007 hires (although the NWA pilots got credit for their longevity even while out on furlough, giving them 8th year pay instead of 3rd year pay after the merge, something NWA did not offer). There were some NWA guys (in the 1995 range) that actually did better than the DL guys in the same area. But overall, it was about 2 years difference, and 3 arbitrators decided that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,

Have you even looked at the seniority list or are you just making this up? For starters take a look at the top 4500 or so. The difference is consistently between 2 years 11 months and 3 years 4 months (with only a very few exceptions.) That range is more the norm throughout the list. Only a small number of NWA pilots hired between October 94 and June 95 ended up in the reverse situation. Me personally - 30 years this fall and sitting next to a pre-merger Delta pilot hired 3 years 8 months after me. You're right - the arbitrators decided it, and I accept that, but the OP was correct; it's consistently more like three years throughout the list.

General,

Have you even looked at the seniority list or are you just making this up? For starters take a look at the top 4500 or so. The difference is consistently between 2 years 11 months and 3 years 4 months (with only a very few exceptions.) That range is more the norm throughout the list. Only a small number of NWA pilots hired between October 94 and June 95 ended up in the reverse situation. Me personally - 30 years this fall and sitting next to a pre-merger Delta pilot hired 3 years 8 months after me. You're right - the arbitrators decided it, and I accept that, but the OP was correct; it's consistently more like three years throughout the list.

I am a 96 hire and mine was closer to the 95 guys at NWA. Mine was about 1 year ahead. Guys I know in the 9000 range were right at 2 years. Then there are the guys at the bottom who were 7 years (2000 NWA hires vs 2007, although they got longevity pay which account for furloughed time). Maybe some Captains at the top had 3 years, but the majority of the list was about 2 years I believe. Some parts vary.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back