• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA @ Job Fairs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait, were you flying a domestic trip? I thought offline jumpseaters were not allowed in the flight deck jumpseat on international trips???

It must have been a nice green sheet trip to drag you over to the lowly domestic realm. Hopefully it wasn't to any of those pesky Texas cities...

Uhhhh, some airlines (2 out of the big 3 anyway), on the 757/767 category, fly INTL and domestic. You can actually pick up either, especially when the airline is short and wants to pay double.

AA on the other hand (the AA side, not US side) has an INTL category and a domestic category for those planes, and I don't think (?) they can fly both.

Man alive, you are being "schooled."

Bye Bye---General Lee

Don't forget about the mil folks. Lots of them trying to get on with the legacies.

That's true, and right now they are being picked up quickly.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Genny,
Remember just because one airline is on the top now doesnt mean it will be tomorrow. A great airline can turn into something else with something as simple as a CEO change. A buddy of mine is a dal pilot. He told me his pilot group is lucky to have RA driving the ship. He is wise enough to know that can all change though.

That's true, but we are talking about right now. DL is firing on all cylinders, and that is a great thing. The other two are working on it. I still think getting on at any of the big three would be a great thing for any pilot. Huge retirements, strong profitability meaning more stability, and variety of flying.

I'm sure your friend at DL would agree with the above.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I was told by a Mesa FO that he thought he was better off at Mesa than going to American. I keed you not! Ya can't make this shiet up.

Did you serve him coffee? Milk and sugar? I bet you did.

Hey, did you comment yet on the AA FA base leader vote and how "minutes before" they found out about the DL raise? How could you NOT understand what was going on? And it was in the article too. Very interesting....

Bye Bye---General Lee

wow a bunch of Jenny posts in a row, reckon she is going for that 30,000th post now :)

That's true, but we are talking about right now. DL is firing on all cylinders, and that is a great thing. The other two are working on it. I still think getting on at any of the big three would be a great thing for any pilot. Huge retirements, strong profitability meaning more stability, and variety of flying.

I'm sure your friend at DL would agree with the above.

Bye Bye---General Lee[/QUOT

Last edited:
Thanks for the quote?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Uhhhh, some airlines (2 out of the big 3 anyway), on the 757/767 category, fly INTL and domestic. You can actually pick up either, especially when the airline is short and wants to pay double.

AA on the other hand (the AA side, not US side) has an INTL category and a domestic category for those planes, and I don't think (?) they can fly both.

Man alive, you are being "schooled."

Bye Bye---General Lee

Holy crap, I just learned something on Flight Info, from General Lee none the less... That is scary... :eek:

I didn't realize that Delta flies both domestic and international. I thought they were separate crew bases.

If a regional pilot isn't smart enough to figure out the tremendous upside to working at AA, then I don't point it out. Enough intelligent people do realize the short term issues and the long term gain. If you're dumb enough to think waiting for DAL to call is a smart idea, then I think it is wise you don't apply to AA to begin with.

Seriously though- apply to all three, and then make the jump to the first one that calls!

In regard to my personal experience with AA/US- quite frankly, I'm having the time of my life. Great people, good equipment, and a casual work atmosphere with good things on the horizon.

Latest resources

Back