• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA @ Job Fairs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would a new hire pilot at AA be concerned with East/West past debacle and Reno/TWA, especially with everyone retiring in 10 years and a new hire junior to everyone anyway?

Another comment from a "forward thinking" regional pilot in the jump and another condescending post by GL and the arrogant pr!ck he is...

Man alive you are sensitive. Some people don't want to fly with pizzed off pilots. Your airline will have tons of them when the SLI is over. You sound like a cranky one yourself. Potential new hires have choices, and some would rather have a smoother workplace environment. Figured it out yet? Good. Maybe one that awards you for a great year, with profit sharing.....

And your buddy Pave still doesn't understand this point. It's great to have high pay AND profit sharing. Both, together, are good. Your guy doesn't believe in you guys participating in that, and that is unfortunate. Good luck, I hope that is fixed soon.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wrong! I had a Shuttle America Capt on the jump and asked him which airlines he was looking at and asked about AA, and he stated "I don't know if I want to get involved in that mess." I'm sure most Regional pilots would take AA, but there is a "concern" about how everything will turn out. The East/West debacle, and then APA's history with TWA/Reno etc. I'd say I understand his precautionary stance....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey Genny,
You just contradicted yourself. If AA isn't a desirable or as you say as desirable as delta, why would you say most regional pilots would take AA? If what you say is true, wouldn't they hold out for other majors?

Hey Genny,
You just contradicted yourself. If AA isn't a desirable or as you say as desirable as delta, why would you say most regional pilots would take AA? If what you say is true, wouldn't they hold out for other majors?

Because he is an arrogant pr!ck

Hey Genny,

Any Regional pilot or LCC pilot will probably look at all 3 of the legacies, mainly due to huge upward movement due to retirements, and huge profitability. So, all 3 would be looked at. But, not all of the 3 are alike. And that's my point. But all 3 are good overall choices.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Any Regional pilot or LCC pilot will probably look at all 3 of the legacies, mainly due to huge upward movement due to retirements, and huge profitability. So, all 3 would be looked at. But, not all of the 3 are alike. And that's my point. But all 3 are good overall choices.

Bye Bye---General Lee

As a pilot at a LCC, I think once the AA/US merger is sorted out and the country has only three legacy carriers operating in full, lean, mean machine, the LCCs will be forced to merge. jetBlue, Virgin, Spirit, Frontier, Allegiant, Alaska, and Hawaiian. My guess would be jetBlue/Virgin and Spirit/Frontier. Long term, to better compete with just three legacy carriers, the LCCs will have to merge somehow. Or, be bought and merged into legacy airlines - if the DOT allows it.

Wrong! I had a Shuttle America Capt on the jump and asked him which airlines he was looking at and asked about AA, and he stated "I don't know if I want to get involved in that mess." I'm sure most Regional pilots would take AA, but there is a "concern" about how everything will turn out. The East/West debacle, and then APA's history with TWA/Reno etc. I'd say I understand his precautionary stance....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wait, were you flying a domestic trip? I thought offline jumpseaters were not allowed in the flight deck jumpseat on international trips???

It must have been a nice green sheet trip to drag you over to the lowly domestic realm. Hopefully it wasn't to any of those pesky Texas cities...

Bye Bye---General Lee

I was told by a Mesa FO that he thought he was better off at Mesa than going to American. I keed you not! Ya can't make this shiet up.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Don't forget about the mil folks. Lots of them trying to get on with the legacies.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Genny,
Remember just because one airline is on the top now doesnt mean it will be tomorrow. A great airline can turn into something else with something as simple as a CEO change. A buddy of mine is a dal pilot. He told me his pilot group is lucky to have RA driving the ship. He is wise enough to know that can all change though.

Latest resources

Back