aa expertise??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pylut

KILL DEVIL HILLS, North Carolina (AP) -- A replica of the 1903 Wright Flyer, being readied for next month's ceremonies celebrating the centennial of flight, crashed during a practice takeoff but had relatively minor damage.
Pilot Terry Queijo, an American Airlines captain, was unhurt in Tuesday's mishap,

Dude,

Do you really think flying that airplane has a single thing to do with any skill you and I have ever learned in conventional aircraft?

suen1843 said:
Just being true to history. Didn't Will or Orv also crash on their first attempt (few days before the Dec 17 flight)?

Actually, Aviation Week reported that the male pilot flew at Nags Head last week. I also seem to remember that they had both flown the replica at home base in Virginia. Typical of the media, aviation media included, to report the crash. I'm glad that Aviation Week took the time to report the earlier flights.

regards,
enigma

Why did they pick him to fly it? Because of his extensive aviator experience? They should have picked a glider or cropduster driver IMO.

Fly Safe!

"bad karma to talk sheet about other's flying skillz, dude"

I only posted a portion of an article. Any inferences you made from the article of her "flying skillz" or lack thereof are your own.

Course I can't believe crashing the Wright flyer can be considered good karma.

"aa expertise??"

Pylut, you only posted portions of the article? Then who put that bs about aa expertise in your post, your fairy godmother? The implication was made by you.

Skank-
All the crap that gets thrown around on this board and you get bent about an "implication"....excuse me while I chortle in your general direction...guffaw even.

No, it was mostly the fact that you did not own up to it that annoyed me, and still annoys me.

Latest resources

Back