AA Ch 11 coming soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

spacecadet1

OK don't shoot the messenger, but heard from someone high up in the finance community, that we should expect to see AA on the court steps in the next week. Hang in there guys!

Sure does not look like it with stock traders if your friend is so sure tell him to short the stock.

doubt this is true. nobody said they are in the healthiest shape but ch 11 ? aint buying it

If true, this would not surprise me in the least. All the other legacies used the bankrupcy courts to duck out of their pension promises. What I'm wondering about, at this point, is how would a bankrupcy filing under the new rules affect AMR. Any guesses out there???...

Bring it on, Baby!!

However, that's BS. The senior leadership isn't done looting the company coffers yet. Still at least a year or two's worth of cash to shovel out the back door.

Last edited:
Well I don't know anything about AA but if you owe 20 billion with out a way to pay it back CH 11 is usually next.

But first, you might use the threat of Ch 11 to extract labor concessions and loan restructuring. That's the usual routine.

Latest resources

Back