• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A300 wing question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do they drop with more than a TO flap setting? I would imagine?

Thanks this stuff drives me nuts.
Heres another one my gf wanted to know, WHY the silicon on the nut and threads on the main gear bolts and nuts?

hotwings402 said:
Do they drop with more than a TO flap setting? I would imagine?

No.

hotwings402 said:
Heres another one my gf wanted to know, WHY the silicon on the nut and threads on the main gear bolts and nuts?

Your gf wanted to know this?:confused: To be honest, I've have never needed to know that bit of information but I'm sure there's a very good explanation.

how about the blue "+" on each section of the overhead panel?

fbt

and yes quite often i get to sleep in my costume--its called late hot :)

The "+" sign is where they store the fulangees... So MX can check 'em.

hotwings402 said:

Corrosion prevention - but really, you should have somthing else to discuss over your ramen noodles, no??

The "+" is over the window that you can look out of to see a red pin in the "up" position to tell you if the gear is in the "down" position, in case the lights, et al, in the cockpit aren't telling you what you need to know.

Let's get back to the uniform. Any chance of updating the look? Some of the new UPS paint jobs look very nice. How about a uniform overhaul? Obviously the passengers aren't complaining but it does kind of scream "1974".

Bluto said:
Let's get back to the uniform. Any chance of updating the look? Some of the new UPS paint jobs look very nice. How about a uniform overhaul? Obviously the passengers aren't complaining but it does kind of scream "1974".

Yes, there is a new uniform in the works. Sources tell me it'll be a darker brown, wrinkle resistant fabric and a redesigned tie. Personally, I don't care as long as the pay check is good and besides, the boxes, nor I, could care less at O'dark thirty. The IPA has been pushing the leather jacket for some time now.

Latest resources

Back