A small endeavor goes awry.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
paraphrased: "It was really pretty wild, I slept right through it."

Apparently being Short, fat, bald and stupid is the profile for Delta material when choosing from XJ, 9E, or off road Colgan!

In other news, new fleet plans are 81 airplanes but management will pretend we are keeping some of the 200s

Yes. The flights to Kingman continue without much word from anyone about keeping some 200's. Looks like them saying they are keeping a bunch is just a carrot to keep what little crews there will be left to fly said aircraft.

What did phil do?

Bought Colgan, almost had to shut it down in May 08 because it was losing so much money. Bought Mesaba on credit and misjudged the parking schedule then misjudged the time it would take to train pilots. Bought building space downtown he couldnt hope to afford, basically an ego buy. Never integrated the company from a back of the house perspective, MX was sabatoged as a result. Hid the losses and overestimated the income for years which led the investors (owners) to try and sieze and liquidate company. Made the suicidal decision to operate two companies on one list with a operational fence between them. Pushed for every at cost contract he could sign to get his foot in the door and could never follow through with the service promised, over promise and under deliever. Oversaw and fostered the laziest managment group ever hired who couldnt be bothered to even input pilots training records or learn how to use the pay software which led to picketing as well as a world of bad press. To be clear, payroll was clueless how to use the software, they spent months manually editing instead of coding correctly.

Thats a couple I can think of, feel free to contribute everyone.

Bought Colgan, almost had to shut it down in May 08 because it was losing so much money. Bought Mesaba on credit and misjudged the parking schedule then misjudged the time it would take to train pilots. Bought building space downtown he couldnt hope to afford, basically an ego buy. Never integrated the company from a back of the house perspective, MX was sabatoged as a result. Hid the losses and overestimated the income for years which led the investors (owners) to try and sieze and liquidate company. Made the suicidal decision to operate two companies on one list with a operational fence between them. Pushed for every at cost contract he could sign to get his foot in the door and could never follow through with the service promised, over promise and under deliever. Oversaw and fostered the laziest managment group ever hired who couldnt be bothered to even input pilots training records or learn how to use the pay software which led to picketing as well as a world of bad press. To be clear, payroll was clueless how to use the software, they spent months manually editing instead of coding correctly.

Thats a couple I can think of, feel free to contribute everyone.

That's correct. I think he did a great job If you ask me. Yet we gve him 100% on time, union slept with him, people bend over backward knowing all of this was going on. Company guys got it handed.

Latest resources

Back