A new pathetic Low

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

340drvr

This on climbto350: (I'm not making this up!)

Low Time Pilots (International Ferrying) 150TT)

....looking for low time pilots to accompany our full time pilots during international ferry flights as a safety pilot.
There will be no pay for these flights, however we will pay for food, lodging, and transportation to the airport where the flight originates. All return flights to the U.S. are the responsibility of the safety pilot. After sufficient time and experience, we will place you on our full time staff with full pay........

Aren't there international shang-hai laws against this kind of stuff?

Logging safety pilot when flying for business, not training, currency etc, is that even legal?
Nobody is going to believe the experienced ferry pilot sat under hood for 40 hours across the Atlantic.

I've regarded oceanic ferry flights to be somewhat of the more dangerous things commercial pilots can do, am I right? Personally I'm not even gonna apply until I've got at least 1000 hours.

Logging safety pilot when flying for business, not training, currency etc, is that even legal?
Nobody is going to believe the experienced ferry pilot sat under hood for 40 hours across the Atlantic.
Good points.

Check it:

(b) No person may operate a civil aircraft in simulated instrument flight unless—
(1) The other control seat is occupied by a safety pilot who possesses at least a private pilot certificate with category and class ratings appropriate to the aircraft being flown.
(2) The safety pilot has adequate vision forward and to each side of the aircraft, or a competent observer in the aircraft adequately supplements the vision of the safety pilot; and
(3) Except in the case of lighter-than-air aircraft, that aircraft is equipped with fully functioning dual controls. However, simulated instrument flight may be conducted in a single-engine airplane, equipped with a single, functioning, throwover control wheel, in place of fixed, dual controls of the elevator and ailerons, when—
(i) The safety pilot has determined that the flight can be conducted safely; and
Overwater ferry is not "safe" for the prupose of currency. Most aircraft are flown in restricted category anyway.

Here is another winner of a job on a different site. Wow, you can be really underpaid, and get to be on the schedule 24 days a month too. Oh then the non compete agreement, training contract too.

" Minimum qualifications: 3000TT, 1500 ME PIC of which 500 hours must be in Lears. Hours vary but expect to be on the schedule 24 days per month. Fly approximately 50 ***** 75 hours per month with approximately 3 ***** 4 overnights per month. Part 135 experience preferred. Additional non-flying duties may be assigned. Misc:
Lear 35 Captain position available in Phoenix area. Must live within 45 minutes of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. $50K per year, employment offer contingent on successful background check, signing a non-compete agreement, non-disclosure statement and a 12 month training contract. Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. will be considered."

Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. will be considered."

That's funny, there probably isn't anyone in the US that would consider this position, either! Oh, I almost forgot, there are plenty of people here in the US that will do it, only none of them are here legally!

Flightinfo should start a "hog log" of ridiculous job postings for us to heckle. . .I cant believe someone would actually post that crap. .

"There will be no pay" -nice. . .very nice, I would also like to be shot in the face in addition to the no pay if that can be arranged. .

An honest days pay for an honest days work is something I don't back down from but this isn't your classic example of a lowlife co hunting for pilot slave labor.

Why isn't it rabid response worthy? I don't see any job being offered here in the first place. Theres no requirement for a reg approved safety pilot to ferry an airplane, I think they mean Sp as in "its pitch black and were 400 miles from land, its nice to have an extra set of eyes and ears". I'm surprised they'd even waste the gas carrying an extra body around let alone cover any expenses.

But no one is losing an otherwise paying position if they open up a seat for a nonrequired pilot to ride along and learn routes, planning and procedures. sounds like free training, not free labor. sure they might have to lug some gear to the plane or stand guard duty on a frozen ramp while Bjork pumps the avgas but nonetheless theres already a 'professional' in the left seat getting paid.

150 TT, can you even get paid with 150 hrs? Find me a commercial pilot with 150 hrs and theres a steak dinner and a bottle of 20 year Scotch for you courtesy of moi.

Its likely one could score a few hrs at the controls but it didn't say anything about what was loggable or not. Plenty of guys have non logged or loggable time in equipment or operations that was valuable for the experience and knowledge alone.

That's funny, there probably isn't anyone in the US that would consider this position, either! Oh, I almost forgot, there are plenty of people here in the US that will do it, only none of them are here legally!

If they're here illegally, and do these flights to outside the border, they may never be able to return to the US as illegals. So problem solved, maybe ferry ops should start working for the "Deportation Department".

150 TT, can you even get paid with 150 hrs? Find me a commercial pilot with 150 hrs and theres a steak dinner and a bottle of 20 year Scotch for you courtesy of moi.
I recieved my Commerical Single at about 140 hours. Got my CFI-A at 190.

Latest resources

Back