• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Change at Southwest????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We need more ramp people because the G.O still refuses to think we are hub and spoke...oh I'm sorry we are ICO...you fly through Denver or Bwi???? Waiting 20 minutes for 1 bag? I worked the ramp before and we couldn't do connections on time to save our lives...

As for "assigned seating" on international...you are mostly correct. You have to have positive boarding pass numbers with a passenger on the manifest. We (from what I've seen so far) will do that by having the pax listed with their appropriate boarding group and number...ie John Doe A27 will be on the manifest.

That's interesting. I guess because SWA is the only non assigned seating airline that has proposed international service, the minimum requirement has never really been tested for seating. Makes sense; as long as you have their name the seats not really relevant.

Yeah, I've yet to see it printed anywhere that seat assignments are required on intl flights. Seems to just be from "they".

Personally I hope it works obviously. I think we need to get our act together though. We aren't going into virgin territory...JetBlue and the others have a great product that we are competing against. Gary has to realize we better be on time and offer a great product...the open seating thing may or may not work...but we are dealing with family, leisure travelers, and international people who have no idea how we work...I think it's going to be tough to be honest. That's why it's very important to be ontime and give great service which has been lacking the past few years.

I do one of the first flights through SJU so I guess I'll see quickly! Hopefully I can get a good coffee and some great chicken and rice at the airport :)

I love SWA as much as the next guy. But I swear I watched a fist fight between two PAX on my last flight w u. It was good though. Kind of like a hockey game.
I saw two ladies in first class on AA go at it. They were sitting behind me. One didnt like that she reclined her seat and it was on. Hair pulling, swearing like sailors cat slaps and all. Whats your point? Happens on every airline.

I saw two ladies in first class on AA go at it. They were sitting behind me. One didnt like that she reclined her seat and it was on. Hair pulling, swearing like sailors cat slaps and all. Whats your point? Happens on every airline.

Were they hot?

It will be interesting how you can work these groups, i.e A1-A31 etc . in places like CUN or PUJ where you aren't assigned a gate until you get there. Nobody leases or owns the gates. You won't be able to put up the A1-A31 posts anywhere in the terminal. 50% of the time we are assigned a "hard stand," so how are you going to organize the groups on the buses that take pax out to the planes? I think it could be chaos.

It will be interesting how you can work these groups, i.e A1-A31 etc . in places like CUN or PUJ where you aren't assigned a gate until you get there. Nobody leases or owns the gates. You won't be able to put up the A1-A31 posts anywhere in the terminal. 50% of the time we are assigned a "hard stand," so how are you going to organize the groups on the buses that take pax out to the planes? I think it could be chaos.

Simple - use a sharpie to write the appropriate boarding group number on the passengers foreheads. Add their blood group in case a fight breaks out.

Latest resources

Back