• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E t a

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont think its gonna be that close..I really dont...we lost ALOT of block this month and ALOT of people are back on reserve that havent been in a long time (myself included...been a year and 3 months) some people are getting a fresh taste of reserve life that havent seen it in so long...and given the new reserve rules in the TA...this in my opinion will take alot of people that were on the bubble to a no vote..the real question is..does the company want it to pass....I personally think they would silently and maliciously smile to themselves if we vote it down...
I'm sure that Pinnacle submitted a proposal to United saying this contract is a done deal. If it fails, boy, that'll look pretty dumb.

I think smiling would be one of the last things on their minds.

I think its going to be a close vote, but it will not pass. 98% of what I've been hearing in the crew room and reading on the company msg board has been very negative. Granted the company msg board is the same vocal minority of guys, but the crew room has been alive with discussion the past week or so. My guess, 52-48% for a NO vote.

I agree, it will be tight. I personally think the amount of pilots abstaining will be high. Given the opportunity not to take a position is just too easy. That is would be the only reason for it being close.

Last edited:
We were just about to get released when one of our own got nervous and plugged the plug. Simply the best.

You weren't going to get released. The NMB isn't going to even think about releasing you until you first vote down this TA. If the MEC hadn't sent it out for a vote, you would have been parked for 6 months. Now vote it down and give them some more leverage.

You weren't going to get released. The NMB isn't going to even think about releasing you until you first vote down this TA. If the MEC hadn't sent it out for a vote, you would have been parked for 6 months. Now vote it down and give them some more leverage.

Say it ain't so! Obama was going to fix this injustice....Maybe this is still Bush's fault....:rolleyes:

Say it ain't so! Obama was going to fix this injustice....Maybe this is still Bush's fault....:rolleyes:

Been over this with you before, Joey. Even a pro-labor NMB isn't going to release you over a little issue like dual qualification.

Been over this with you before, Joey. Even a pro-labor NMB isn't going to release you over a little issue like dual qualification.

This TA is far below in many areas...Dual qual isn't one of them...

I told you before the election, that a Democratic NMB wasn't going to release folks either....I actually dealt with the Clinton NMB and MJ, and they were never going to release ASA.

Electing Obama because you thought the NMB would start releasing folks to strike was naive at best...

I told you so....

Everything else was already TA'd, Joey. Dual qual was the last issue on the table, and the only thing holding up a full TA. The NMB wasn't going to allow that issue to kill a TA. If there had been pay rates, scheduling, retirement, anything else, then it would have been a different story. But dual qual? Not a chance.

I told you before the election, that a Democratic NMB wasn't going to release folks either....I actually dealt with the Clinton NMB and MJ, and they were never going to release ASA.

Electing Obama because you thought the NMB would start releasing folks to strike was naive at best...

I told you so....

The Obama NMB has already started releasing pilot groups, Joey. Have you not noticed the Amerijet strike? Never would have happened under Shrub's NMB. Prepare for Hawaiian to come next, and possibly AirTran early next year.

I told you so....

Im not directly disagreeing with you but if so why did they release Amerijet a week to the day prior to us getting this TA?

I'm sure that Pinnacle submitted a proposal to United saying this contract is a done deal. If it fails, boy, that'll look pretty dumb.

I think smiling would be one of the last things on their minds.

im on your side and I hope your right...Delta for sure will not be happy about it...can anyone actually confirm that we have an RFP out with United right now...I find that very hard to believe...looks like the XJT boys might wrap that up long term (I hope)

Everything else was already TA'd, Joey. Dual qual was the last issue on the table, and the only thing holding up a full TA. The NMB wasn't going to allow that issue to kill a TA. If there had been pay rates, scheduling, retirement, anything else, then it would have been a different story. But dual qual? Not a chance.

So you're telling me that the only thing on the table since the Democratic NMB took over was dual qual? No money was on the table...That doesn't jive with typical "end game" issues...Any PNCL folks want to collaborate what PCL128 says..

Other PCL pilots on here say that there was more going on....

PCL_128 said:
The Obama NMB has already started releasing pilot groups, Joey. Have you not noticed the Amerijet strike? Never would have happened under Shrub's NMB. Prepare for Hawaiian to come next, and possibly AirTran early next year.

Look at the Amerijet pay and workrules...That is a slamdunk...Even Bush would have release them....Remember, Bush released Mesaba. Bush 1 released Eastern.

Latest resources

Back