860as/gpt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JettBoii

Anybody really know what happened to her? The station manager said there is a "hole" in the wing; leaking fuel? I know there is more to it but I did not hear all of it. He said that Bombardier was going to fly down and place a temporary patch on it then fly it back to Montreal at which time the wing would have to be replaced?

Wow, that doesn't sound good. I saw it down there on the 4th in the closed area and wondered what was going on with it. Good luck to her!

I had an IP doing a line check the other day. He said that he was told the wing spar was cracked and that a some type of cart had done the damage. He also said that it may not fly anytime in the near future. Something about fixing it in GPT. Take it for what it is worth. That is what I was told.

Was down there last week, there is a large hole under the wing towards the center tank. It is in an inconspicuous area that you would have to bend down to see. The odd thing is, per GPT personel, the cpt noticed the hole after they landed meaning this ship was on a turn and not an ovnt. Neither the ground nor flight crew has any idea of how the hole got there.

My friend was the CA and they have no idea what they hit, yes it was on a turn. The company is going to have to truck it to YUL to get fixed because the wing has a vertical crack up the wing root.

My friend was the CA and they have no idea what they hit, quote]

I'd love to hear this carpet dance.

They'll probably crack the FDR and look for clues, as well as the CVR (although the previous 30 minutes probably won't have anything like "did we just hit something?")

I was talking with mx while down in MCN and they were saying that there is no way that the aircraft will ever fly again. The aircraft is not owned by ASA. It is owned by a leasing company out of Chicago and has $6-7 million in damage. It is up to the leasing company whether to fix the aircraft or scrap it. They were saying YUL is the only place to get it fixed and there is no way to get the airplane there. Basically we lost another A/C, just not to Skywest.

Latest resources

Back