747 loader falls asleep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AV8OR

I have read an account somewhere of a 747 loader falling asleep and popping up through a hatch into the cockpit out over the Pacific enroute from Anchorage to Hong Kong. Anybody know of or can substantiate the story and if so, who it was on?

Thanks

AV8OR said:
I have read an account somewhere of a 747 loader falling asleep and popping up through a hatch into the cockpit out over the Pacific enroute from Anchorage to Hong Kong. Anybody know of or can substantiate the story and if so, who it was on?

Thanks

It's true. Happen several years ago. Kid was not allowed off the airplane and was sent home on the next flight.

At another company, We had a ramper fall asleep in the aft pit of the 727 and he got a free ride to PVR. Lucky for him there is no illegal ramper snuffer switch .....errrr.... puppy snuffer switch for the aft pit

Thedude said:
At another company, We had a ramper fall asleep in the aft pit of the 727 and he got a free ride to PVR. Lucky for him there is no illegal ramper snuffer switch .....errrr.... puppy snuffer switch for the aft pit
I know it's been a while since I've crewed one, but there's no switch for the aft cargo because it doesn't even have the option of heat, right?

The aft cargo is defaulted to ramper/puppy/or as we used it, baby chick snuffer.

UPS Capt.

Thanks a mill. Working on a FFDO presentation to our crews and had heard of this. Just trying verify various instances where "Cargo Only" security has been breached.

EOpilot said:
I know it's been a while since I've crewed one, but there's no switch for the aft cargo because it doesn't even have the option of heat, right?

The aft cargo is defaulted to ramper/puppy/or as we used it, baby chick snuffer.

The aft cargo doesn't have a switch to turn off the heat, as it is heated and pressurized 100% of the time. It is where you WANT the doggies. The forward cargo has a switch to turn off the bleed air in case you need it to maintain pressurization.

Didn't different varients have a " heating blanket" that was placed in the aft pit to help regulate the temp??? I thought I remember hearing that.

Latest resources

Back