Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 NG operators, how much fuel do you land with?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love how the guys who write this crap aren't strapped into the airplane on a daily basis. The worst thing that'll happen to them in their cubicles is they may fall off their office chairs. Ouch! "Now I believe you have my stapler. It's red."

The second most important question is how much fuel have you seen "disappear" from the FOD/REMF number in flight. I've been up to 1,000 less for no apparent reason. That's why I usually consider whether I'd be comfortable with 1,000 less than what's planned.

Funny you should mention that, we were just discussing that phenomenon enroute today. It does seem to be tied in with the center tank getting toward the bottom. We'll be well below the planned burn (about 800lbs to the good) until that point, then very rapidly it begins to correct and we'll be nearly even.

We have lived with that"anomaly" for 14 years now on the 737-900....boeing says that it really does not exist

not abnormal for us to have fuel pumps light up during roll out either.....we have it down to a science at alastic airlines...

I like to plan to land at the furthest point with 6.0
I'm comfortable landing with 5.0
Anything less than 5000 lbs and I want to be looking at the runway.

A typical go-around uses 1500 lbs. If you have less than 4500 lbs and have to go around, you are now an emergency aircraft, with one shot remaining to get that airplane on the ground.

I love how the guys who write this crap aren't strapped into the airplane on a daily basis. The worst thing that'll happen to them in their cubicles is they may fall off their office chairs. Ouch! "Now I believe you have my stapler. It's red."

Hear hear

That was a great album (your avatar). RIP Ian Curtis ....... You dumb MF.

On the subject of fuel, I start mildly tweaking below 5K. When the lights come on, get outa our way.:eek:

you are sea guy mook so you are flying mostly with gummers.....they carry a little more gas

Latest resources

Back