• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 headsets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I tried three versions of the earpiece, all sucked azz. Tried senheiser open air, hurts the ear after 8 hours. senheiser closed air squeezed the brain. Bose uflymike worked good but mike is on wrong side as FO, not that I didn't get used to it, but it is my backup, i use Bose X.

Have you guys tried getting your earpiece from an audiologist?

Usually not much more (if at all) expesive than the do it yourself kits and both of mine are very comfortable. Can't even tell its there. I wear an etymotic musician's earplug in the other ear above 250kts.

Odds are the other guy/gal up front with you isn't wearing something like the Bose or Sennhieser and its hard to communicate when you're not using the intercom. I've never seen anyone use it except in the sim when we've got the o2 masks on.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the "headset hair" issue. :D

Last edited:
Telex 850. Works great, and the only issue is sometimes having to slip one of the ear cups off if the Capt is soft spoken. Coming from a headset - hot mike intercom background, I still find this annoying, but it's the way we do it here.

I had the custom ear mold made by the Dr. that comes to newhire class. While if fit well, I never got comfortable with something in my ear. Guess it's just not what I was used to after 10+ years of using headsets in previous jobs.

The 850 is quiet enough for a long day in the 737 with no fatigue and not having to mess with batteries is a big plus for me.

I still carry the ear mold as an emergency backup.

I use the Telex Airman 750 with the single ear piece. Works great and can wear it coast to coast with no discomfort.

Molded earpiece on one side and earplug on the other works pretty good for me, and comfortable. But then again, I will do anything not to have a bad hair day.:pimp:

I use the Telex Airman 750 with the single ear piece. Works great and can wear it coast to coast with no discomfort.

I'll second that. It's small (more room for magazines in the flight bag), simple, reliable, no batteries, and affordable. It has absolutely no noise reduction, so there may be some slight hearing loss concerns, but the 737 isn't nearly as loud as my car stereo (no hearing protection then!). And even though the ANR headsets may be way quieter and very light, you've still got this big thing on your head that prevents you from talking to the other pilot and the occasional visiting flight attendant.

Latest resources

Back