737-200 a few questions...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

D_G

I saw this posted on a flight sim forum and thought if some of you all were bored or had a few minutes to spare you could help the kid out.

Hi All,

Recently I have decide to focus on a particular aircraft, and do my best to become proficient at its systems and procedures to the extent that no professional training will allow. I have always been fairly familiar with the 737-400 thanks to Dreamfleet, but now my attention has turned to the 737-200, as I crave a more hands on experience. And so I have a few questions I have encountered while I've been teaching myself, and no doubt I will probably have more soon, but here goes....

Note: I am using the Tinmouse -200 panel. www.tinmouse.org

1. The start switches have 'Ground', 'Flight' and 'Low Ignition' but no 'continuous' as in the -400. So is Low IGN the correct setting during takeoff and landing?

2. How do I calculate the planes COG so that I can determine the correct trim setting for departure? (as I have said - I do not have any training in this as I have not even reached Cross Country flying yet in a private plane).

3. Obviously, the plane does not possess an FMS. So how do -200 pilots navigate in IFR - VOR to VOR? How do they find airways, STAR intersections etc?

4. Finally, what is a normal turn around time in jets similar to the 737? I would guess around 30mins allowing a possible walkaround, flight plan preparation, briefing and checklists.

Thanks a lot for any help and standby for more questions http://forums.flightsim.com/dcforum/Images/wink.gif Chris

D_G said:
I saw this posted on a flight sim forum and thought if some of you all were bored or had a few minutes to spare you could help the kid out.

Hi All,

Recently I have decide to focus on a particular aircraft, and do my best to become proficient at its systems and procedures to the extent that no professional training will allow. I have always been fairly familiar with the 737-400 thanks to Dreamfleet, but now my attention has turned to the 737-200, as I crave a more hands on experience. And so I have a few questions I have encountered while I've been teaching myself, and no doubt I will probably have more soon, but here goes....

1. The start switches have 'Ground', 'Flight' and 'Low Ignition' but no 'continuous' as in the -400. So is Low IGN the correct setting during takeoff and landing?

2. How do I calculate the planes COG so that I can determine the correct trim setting for departure? (as I have said - I do not have any training in this as I have not even reached Cross Country flying yet in a private plane).

3. Obviously, the plane does not possess an FMS. So how do -200 pilots navigate in IFR - VOR to VOR? How do they find airways, STAR intersections etc?

4. Finally, what is a normal turn around time in jets similar to the 737? I would guess around 30mins allowing a possible walkaround, flight plan preparation, briefing and checklists.

Thanks a lot for any help and standby for more questions http://forums.flightsim.com/dcforum/Images/wink.gif Chris

1. YES
2. I don't know. My company already had it computed for me.
3. That's really funny. How do -200 pilots navigate? Yes, VOR to VOR.
4. 30 minutes is typical. I've done 15 minutes before, as long as there were no wheelchair passengers at a station without a jetbridge.

D_G said:

Hi All,

What do you mean by "the extent that no professional experience will allow"? How would you know the type of experience that is taught in a professional course if you are a primary student yourself?

Latest resources

Back