7 on 7 off...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
de ice?

Co. recurrent, 7 off, 7 "on" babysitting broken plane, 21 off, 7 on, 21 off, then sim. My winter ops have been minimal this year too. I like it. Every minute of it has been earned though.

Last edited:
gkrangers said:
How do you bridge the gap and get 21 days off?

According to our contract, if you are on the 7/7 schedule, you shall have no less than 21 days duty-free for each week of vacation. There's a small exception if someone is switching day-of-week start on the 7/7, but for the most part, one week of vacation means 21 days off if you're on the 7/7.

Not too shabby.

Last edited:
My wife is not to fond of the 7/7.

she can only stand me for about 5 days and then bugs me about getting some extended days and leaving early. I guess she really hates being away from the boyfriend for 7 days.

7/7 means way less airline travel in any given year. (Two tours a month versus 4.) Airlining is my least favorite part of this job. Plus, you can plan your life very far in advance because as per our new contract the lines don't change. Vacations (21 days) are what it's all about though.:beer:

7/7... sweet!

I just got 7/7 thanks to the NJA guys. (THANKS)

Was on 6/5. 7 days gone vs 6 is hardly noticed, but the 7 days home is great. I have a lot of little ones at home and the regular sched. is much better. I get every other weekend off and I leave and return on the same day every other week. Much more stable than the 6/5, which "marched" through the month and was hard to schedule home life around. The webcam idea is a great one, I'll have to try that.

Plus, 7/7 is (technically) a pay raise and the vacation (21 days off) is a wonderful thing. 365-42(2wks-vacation)=323/2=161.5 days of work a year. Compare that with a 5 day a week 9-5 job (~250 days +/-). Not bad for a "full time" job.

Compared to my airline buddies, I work either 14 or 16 days in a month and they are working between 18 and 21 days with no more than one block of 5 days off (AS). My QOL is much higher; I work less and my schedule is much more stable.

FL510GV said:
365-42(2wks-vacation)=323/2=161.5 days of work a year.

I think you've got a little problem with your math there. 365/2=182.5 days of work per year without vacation. 182.5-14=168.5 days of work with 2 weeks vacation.

It still compares quite nicely to the 365*5/7=261, 261-10=251 days of work per year for a M-F guy with 2 weeks.

What does it cost?

6on/5off

There are 33 tours per year. 198 work days. Minus 10 days vacation = 188 days.... in 31 tours

7/7

there are 26 tours per year, 182 work days minus 14 days vacation is 168 days... in 24 tours.

The first and last day of a tour is often mostly crew movement. If we subtract these days we get THE PRODUCTIVE DAYS.

188-62= 126 Productive days for the 6/5.

168-48=120 productive days... for the 7/7. Additionally 28 fewer airline tickets!

Latest resources

Back