63,000 bumped passengers in 2007

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

imacdog

Just saw a news blurb regarding some DOT statistics that came out regarding bumped passengers for 2007. Over 63,000 total between the airlines! That's the highest (not sure if they implied total # or percentage of total travelers) in 11 years. Top honors go to Delta and Continental, so congrats guys for keeping the bar set high. Maybe it is too much to buy a ticket and expect to actually go on that flight?

yes, let's hurry up with the mergers so we can reduce capacity. Maybe we all double that number this year.

I thought it would be a much higher number.

We could solve this problem by doing what Jetblue does. Sell the seat and not the ticket.

If you buy a seat on JB and for whatever reason you are not on that jet when it leaves, your seat and your money go to your selected destination without you in it.

Over booking is the other choice air carriers have. It'll never change....

We could solve this problem by doing what Jetblue does. Sell the seat and not the ticket.

If you buy a seat on JB and for whatever reason you are not on that jet when it leaves, your seat and your money go to your selected destination without you in it.

Over booking is the other choice air carriers have. It'll never change....

Hey! Hey! Wait a minute...what are you thinking? You cant go saying positive things about Jetblue. After all this is Flight Info.com...

I have a couple of buddies that work there. I need for JB to be profitable so they can make a living. Otherwise they'd come over to my house and sponge off me......

I'm not kidding! Those guys really would come nosing through my refrigerator looking for my beer.

I have a spare refrigerator in the garage just for beer. Don't tell them!

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where he reserves a rental car.

Lady: "I know what a reservation is."

Jerry: "I don't think you do...otherwise I'd have a car!"

Latest resources

Back