Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AZ Typed

Hobby's Flyin
Are their basically two variations of this flight deck - one like a CRJ (6 tubes in pairs of 2, NOT like a 604) and one with only glass HSI and ADI? In researching www.airliners.net I see pictures of 601-3Rs with two different cockpit setups - one like a CRJ and one with only glass HSI and ADI. Trying to see what I'm getting into here. Thanks!

Are their basically two variations of this flight deck - one like a CRJ (6 tubes in pairs of 2, NOT like a 604) and one with only glass HSI and ADI? In researching www.airliners.net I see pictures of 601-3Rs with two different cockpit setups - one like a CRJ and one with only glass HSI and ADI. Trying to see what I'm getting into here. Thanks!

I just pulled up the pics on airliners dot net as well. The only 6 tube 601 listed was actually a CRJ cockpit that is wrongly labeled as a 601. It even has the CRJ stickers on the plate holders. Every 601-3R I've seen has the Honeywell Primus II 5-Tube EFIS setup with tape engine gauges. I'm no Challenger expert though.

The six tube setup similar to the RJ is the 604. The 3ER has tape engine gauges.

Thanks Wiggums...I know the 604 and CRJ (flew 'em both) but wasn't sure on the 601. It seems airliners.net was labeled incorrecly!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back