• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

50 seat Jets. Uncertain future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sure the CEO is a good adversary, but it is contract time, and the airline isn't doing poorly. There are also hints that there could be more consolidation ahead, which actually means getting a contract sooner than later, which wouldn't be bad at all. Somebody knows what the plans are, and they are driving this.

That's a key statement right there, and I rather doubt that "somebody" is the pilot group (at DL or anywhere else). "Somebody", however, has been able to almost entirely rid the airline of organized labor ("during contract time, when the airline is doing well", no less), and isn't the timing of the DPA campaign (although I don't know how much steam it's getting) also a little interesting?

Personally, I find what people say all but irrelevant, what people actually do is far more indicative.

Lee,

You're right, I haven't heard anyone I've flown with say anything about giving up scope, or any major complaining about the merger. Some people can't accept the fact that our merger went well and things are continuing to get better.

Godspeed!

OYS

Almost 15,500 posts and this jackass is still replying to himself via his alter ego.
-Pathetic.

yeah I hope this PUTZ realizes how ignorant she sounds responding to herself, surely she doesn't think people believe that this is two separate clowns spewing the same crap over and over, what a PUTZ!

That's a key statement right there, and I rather doubt that "somebody" is the pilot group (at DL or anywhere else). "Somebody", however, has been able to almost entirely rid the airline of organized labor ("during contract time, when the airline is doing well", no less), and isn't the timing of the DPA campaign (although I don't know how much steam it's getting) also a little interesting?

Personally, I find what people say all but irrelevant, what people actually do is far more indicative.

We all know more things are coming up, this whole industry seems to be in the consolidation mode right now. That, is GOOD to know. Some might call that leverage. As far as getting rid of organized labor(pilots will always stay organized, but the FAs and Mechanics voted out their unions) that also is good for us, labor groups without unions often get less or the company doesn't have to spend more. (same thing) The DPA campaign is also great, because the 4000 guys who have so far signed up for it have put extra pressure on ALPA to get a better contract and to not "settle." At the same time, the company likes ALPA now, because they have taken away the adversarial component, which makes them happy. (very quick SOC, very cooperative with regards to recent TAs, etc) I believe the company wants ALPA to stick around, and not let in a "militant" new union. So, that means a bit extra pressure on BOTH the company and ALPA to give a little bit more, or risk possible strife down the road. The company and ALPA are currently in quazi negotiations right now, it seems we are getting TAs in our benefit about every month now, and they may be doing a lot of the grunt work first, and then when it gets closer to ammendable time the tough stuff. But, they do seem to be already doing it, which does mean something. They are DOING something, not just saying it as you say.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Lee,

You're right, I haven't heard anyone I've flown with say anything about giving up scope, or any major complaining about the merger. Some people can't accept the fact that our merger went well and things are continuing to get better.

Godspeed!

OYS

Same down here in ATL Six.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

yeah I hope this PUTZ realizes how ignorant she sounds responding to herself, surely she doesn't think people believe that this is two separate clowns spewing the same crap over and over, what a PUTZ!

Riiiight. Two seperate pilots can't have the SAME feelings about RJs and you two goofs. Go back to your shanti in Hanoi and eat some rice bowls. Your next flight to Da Nang leaves in 5 hours......idiot.

Why doesn't CRJ567 join you? You guys can snuggle and then hitch a ride to the airport to do your next empty flight to Ho Chi Min. (dorks!)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Lee,

Godspeed!

OYS

LOL! Conversations with yourself! Get yourself checked, I don't think that's normal.

My god do you realize how stupid and ignorant you sound! :rolleyes:

Bye bye and Godspeed PUTZ!

No, you're the idiot. MANY people feel the same way I do, and it looks like another person articulates it like I do. It's like he's my brother from another mother....... You are 1015's sister. Enjoy the Mekong Delta.

Bye Bye---General Lee

LOL! Conversations with yourself! Get yourself checked, I don't think that's normal.

What's not normal is busting 5 Middle Eastern Airline interviews in one weekend! How could you do that? Cheese and Rice you are terrible.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back