• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

42.7% of JetBlue Pilots Have Apps Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to turn this JetBlue thread into an Allegiant thread but realize that when we present your current work rules and payrates to management they tell us it will never happen.

To say you have the worst xxxxxxx at JetBlue is to be unaware of just what Allegiant is dealing with. We are across the board worse in every category but we are working on it.

JetBlue/US Airways

A few years ago tons of US Airways guys ran to JetBlue for "greener pastures". Looks like there not so green anymore. They might even be "blue" I'm sure many of them regret not coming back when they had the chance.

I heard lots of JetBlue F/O's have their apps in to Airways. I wonder if it could be due to a 15 month upgrade and a merger with American?

Before you criticize the 190 pay, yes, it could be better but it will be where it should be in 2016.

With the planned growth, and retirements, the new American will be a great place to be.

I'm training new hires right now that are in their mid 20's. What a career they will have!

No doubt this is a crazy business with lots of changes.

JetBlue was a port of call in the perfect storm. The storm has past and now it's not so great compared to the other islands.

A few years ago tons of US Airways guys ran to JetBlue for "greener pastures". Looks like there not so green anymore. They might even be "blue" I'm sure many of them regret not coming back when they had the chance.

I heard lots of JetBlue F/O's have their apps in to Airways. I wonder if it could be due to a 15 month upgrade and a merger with American?

Before you criticize the 190 pay, yes, it could be better but it will be where it should be in 2016.

With the planned growth, and retirements, the new American will be a great place to be.

I'm training new hires right now that are in their mid 20's. What a career they will have!

Did they run or were they furloughed ?
Two years ago nobody wanted to go to Airways.
Things have changed and always will.
Blue needs to up the game unless they don't care about keeping pilots.
Right now Airways looks like a great choice maybe in two years it won't or maybe JetBlue will be gone nobody knows.
I think Parker will do a good job and the new American should do very well.

I believe We still have chief pilots on LOA from airways... He will tell you the dr is better while weighing his options on wether or not to return.

You have no idea what the future holds. Here is a killer post from APC

A tad harsh perhaps? I remember flying with some of those 55 hanger-on losers with I was flying turbo-shakers. Turned out many of them were ex-EAL and PAA Captains who needed currency for an Ex-Pat job, medical coverage for a family member, or simply some income. They were great guys and I learned a lot from them. They got caught up in a vortex of miasma which they had nothing to do with. The same thing goes for the guys hired at UAL in 99 and up until the day our planes were hi-jacked.

This industry eats its young AND old. There is so much luck involved that anyone who thinks they can safely and deftly maneuver their way through a 30 year career is naive.

When I was young the top three carriers were EAL, PAA and TWA. UAL was small, as was DAL, Western, Republic and American. USAir was a jet national and SWA was a start up with a handful of beater guppies. They actually wanted you to get typed to apply. Who would volunteer for such insanity? :confused: Turns out the joke was on me. No one applied at EAL because of Lorenzo. Everyone knew the bomb was about to go off. Well, many of the guys who DID get hired there later got preferential treatment at UAL and other ALPA carriers. So much for my logic.

Branniff was cool as hell. Great paint, FA's slowly disrobing inflight, visionary upper management but horrible mid level execution. But, they were teetering and Crandall was scheming to kill them.

PDT was the a small gem but they and Empire were vacuumed up by USAIR who was PRINTING money at the time.

CAL (Peoples Express + New York Air + Original CAL + Scabs + who knows else) was a train wreck and only the insane applied there....or so I thought! Those insane guys (mid to late 80's) are now 777 Captains.

When I was furloughed I flew for a 121 Non-Sked / Sked operation. Yes we had some losers, but we had a bunch of GREAT guys who could fly the hell out of the plane who just got caught up in one failed airline after another. Before they knew it they were too old to get on with "A Major" or couldn't afford first year pay after all the setbacks and with kids in college.

The list of crapped out airlines since dereg is long. You see a 55 year old loser, I see a guy who needs a job. Perspective is a great filter.

This is one of the greatest posts ever seen on FI, a good does of reality in a sea of "I am not being treated fairly" the elements of luck and timing far out weight the elements of skill and desire.

A tad harsh perhaps? I remember flying with some of those 55 hanger-on losers with I was flying turbo-shakers. Turned out many of them were ex-EAL and PAA Captains who needed currency for an Ex-Pat job, medical coverage for a family member, or simply some income. They were great guys and I learned a lot from them. They got caught up in a vortex of miasma which they had nothing to do with. The same thing goes for the guys hired at UAL in 99 and up until the day our planes were hi-jacked.

This industry eats its young AND old. There is so much luck involved that anyone who thinks they can safely and deftly maneuver their way through a 30 year career is naive.

When I was young the top three carriers were EAL, PAA and TWA. UAL was small, as was DAL, Western, Republic and American. USAir was a jet national and SWA was a start up with a handful of beater guppies. They actually wanted you to get typed to apply. Who would volunteer for such insanity? :confused: Turns out the joke was on me. No one applied at EAL because of Lorenzo. Everyone knew the bomb was about to go off. Well, many of the guys who DID get hired there later got preferential treatment at UAL and other ALPA carriers. So much for my logic.

Branniff was cool as hell. Great paint, FA's slowly disrobing inflight, visionary upper management but horrible mid level execution. But, they were teetering and Crandall was scheming to kill them.

PDT was the a small gem but they and Empire were vacuumed up by USAIR who was PRINTING money at the time.

CAL (Peoples Express + New York Air + Original CAL + Scabs + who knows else) was a train wreck and only the insane applied there....or so I thought! Those insane guys (mid to late 80's) are now 777 Captains.

When I was furloughed I flew for a 121 Non-Sked / Sked operation. Yes we had some losers, but we had a bunch of GREAT guys who could fly the hell out of the plane who just got caught up in one failed airline after another. Before they knew it they were too old to get on with "A Major" or couldn't afford first year pay after all the setbacks and with kids in college.

The list of crapped out airlines since dereg is long. You see a 55 year old loser, I see a guy who needs a job. Perspective is a great filter.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can at least count on far fewer slots at DCA if this thing actually makes it through the gauntlet....

Latest resources

Back