4 year degree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any degree somewhere

I am sure there is school somewhere who will give you a degree in anything if you have the money

Last edited:
Finally someone brought this up! For all of you 18-25 I joined the military out of high school as an ATC, got out, went to college and graduated in business, was hired on with a major oil company in marketing making some good $$ and began taking up flying lessons because I could finally afford to. Recently I was laid off and have been interviewing with numerous companies looking for decent jobs. Believe me I live in a major metropolitan area and it is still tough if you do not have a solid background in something with 3-5 years of experience. That is what I am dealing with anyway. The days of getting hired directly into management because you earned a degree in socialogy have been over for a long time now.

Its got to be tough for an out of work pilot these days because employers know that once the economy picks up and so does the aviation industry, they will probably lose those pilots that they hired back to aviation in a heartbeat. Find something you like outside of flying as a career in addition to having earned a degree, one without the other is just not enough these days.

So much for the "fall back value of a degree"

Ah! The old degree thread, real degrees are not useless. Long time no see Hugh. Degrees that are not used become nearly useless, other than decorating someone's wall, after many years of not using the knowledge developed during the degree. Been a lot of post here about trying to return to the job market outside of flying. Did not see too many success stories.

FlyingSkip said:
So, I end up bartending at t*tty bars to make ends meet at the end of the month---I'm sure some of my old professors, not to mention my classmates, would roll over in their graves!

Its cool man I still think you can say titty!!! Whered my beer go?!?!?!?!

Greetings..

I have had a massage practice for 10 years now on the side. It is not that expensive to train(2,000-3,000 including equipment). I like it because I can do it around my airline schedule fairly easily. Anyway, thats what I do for fall back, plus I have a BS in rest/Hotel/Institutoinal mgt and an associates in occupational therapy. I would not trade my education for anything. Remember, aviation is turning to nothing but a big black hole.

Take care

Latest resources

Back