4 year degree at JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JayDub said:
A good friend of mine started three weeks ago. She might have a couple of classes undewr her belt, but that is it.

The key word there is "she."

I Hate Freight!

I Hate Freight said:
The key word there is "she."

I Hate Freight!

She got hired at her airline in 1996. What were you doing in 1996? She was probably a check airman in the Brasilia before you ever manipulated a condition lever. But you are right, it's all because she's a female... silly me.

Respectfully,

JayDub

Freight Hater,

You aren't going to resort to that old argument are you?

Got to come up with something more original dude.

Happy landings

C'mon guys, everybody knows that the gals get a few more doors open for them. That's all I was saying.

I Hate Freight!

I Hate Freight said:
C'mon guys, everybody knows that the gals get a few more doors open for them. That's all I was saying.

I Hate Freight!

Then please explain to me how you know this is the case with this particular person. I will gladly show you specific examples of males hired from the same airline all within the last year. The males had the same credentials (if not less), and maybe college, maybe not.

I think it's foolish for you to make a comment unless you know for sure this is the case. I'll tell you in advance, I am pretty sure holes can be shot in any assumptions you may have.

Our hiring process is by no means perfect, but it's doing a pretty good job judging by the folks I am flying with these days.

Respectfully,

JayDub

I Hate Freight said:

I Hate Freight!

Dear Freight,

For whatever its worth, the three gals in my new hire class at Jetblue averaged 13 years of 121 heavy jet time (TWA/AA, USAir and United), which was more than any of the men in the room. Does that mean that the guys got preference, because they had less 121 time? No, it simply means that there are high-time, high-quality pilots of every "category" you can think of out there. Labels don't make a difference, qualifications do. The more qualified you are, the better your chances. Simple.

These days its not if you are male, female, black, white or purple, all that matters is do you have competitive qualifications, can you do the job well, and do you have a good attitude.

Skirt

Last edited:
Freight Hater,

I know a "gal" with more total time than you list for yourself in your profile. Currently flying PIC on a turbojet, with about 1800 hours or so of such time, 3500 ME, and 2 degrees. In addition to her ATP with 2 type ratings, she holds an FE Turbojet (with experience in the DC-10 and B-727), commercially rated in gliders and seaplanes, an A & P and is a former Air Safety Investigator with the NTSB.

I don't see doors swinging open for her right now. Nor did any before, just because she was a female. She worked as hard or harder than anyone I know to get where she got. I believe if you look at those qualifications, they would stack up well in a competitive environment. The fact that this individual is a "she" has absolutely nothing to do with it. Having been an airline pilot, instructor and evaluator for over 25 years, I have flown with and trained hundreds of pilots. I'll put this "gal" up against any of them, without reservation.

The fact that you can't seem to get past that says a lot about YOU. Based on that knowledge, and what I know of her abilities and professionalism, I'd take her anyday.

Last edited:
Skirt, shouldnt you be home fixing your husband's lunch. There's an empty kitchen out there with your name on it.

Cheers.

you HAVE to be the most stupid individual on the face of the earth to say that.....
Skirt, don't even think about replying to this moron.

dixieflyer said:
Skirt, shouldnt you be home fixing your husband's lunch. There's an empty kitchen out there with your name on it.

Cheers.

Boy, it takes ba11s to make a moronic statement about a pilot's qualification, coming from someone who doesn't even fly an airplane. Hey Dixie (gee, that sounds female), the cabin's cold, go turn a knob while you're just sitting there sideways.

What an idiot.

Latest resources

Back