Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TxPilot0878

Get Some!
Had an appt. to the USAFA and didn't take it. Have goofed off and ignored my calling to the military. I WANT TO FIGHT for this country. Someone must know an angle on how this can be done...the regrets they promised...have shown light!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 29 1/2, Eagle Scout, Silver Congressional Medal....which is all BS if I can't defend those who gave it to me...I am no one...and no great force that will change the military...but it will change me...and I will give my absolute best 150%....what options exist??? I know there has to be a few!?!?!??

TEX

The Army will let you enlist up into your 40s now so get to a recruiter asap if you are truly serious!

I'm sure the Army will take ya. Be sure to mention "scout's honor" in your conversation with a recruiter.

Air Force Reserves will take you up to 30. Guard will too but their process is so long you would be 35 by the time you strap on a T-6. KIAB is full but Seymour and Grissom are usually taking folks (both tanker units) probably some t-tail dudes on here somewhere too. if you pm me i could probably get you in touch with some grissom dudes. . . . .bottom line is that your short on time, however we hired a no kidding 30 year old once. .

Go to Mexico. Change your name. Sneak across the border. When amnesty and citizenship are declared next Spring, give your new name and a fake age. Join up.

Seriously though, the guard is by far your best bet.

PIPE

Had an appt. to the USAFA and didn't take it. Have goofed off and ignored my calling to the military. I WANT TO FIGHT for this country. Someone must know an angle on how this can be done...the regrets they promised...have shown light!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 29 1/2, Eagle Scout, Silver Congressional Medal....which is all BS if I can't defend those who gave it to me...I am no one...and no great force that will change the military...but it will change me...and I will give my absolute best 150%....what options exist??? I know there has to be a few!?!?!??

TEX

"I WANT TO FIGHT for this country."

If you are that serious about defending this country, you could do what I did...serve in a non-flying unit and a non-flying MOS. I did so for 20 years in the National Guard. The demands of a non-rated military job meshed well with the demands of a flying career.

Among other things, I was able to use Montgomery GI Bill to earn two instructor certificates. I will get retirement pay and medical coverage at 60.

Good luck...fly safe!

I WANT TO FIGHT for this country.

TEX

If you really want to fight, then man up and go enlist. Plenty of other people do and have paid the ultimate price. Or do you just want to "fly". I don't want to be a di**, but I hear this a million times at air shows. Most of us had to roll the bones and compete to see if we would even get the chance to fly and you would like to just be given a slot. Best of luck and don't call my squadron.

Latest resources

Back