24hr. notice for INTL. Jumpseat??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

becket

Thinking about JS on Delta to Europe next month. Doesn't TSA require 24 hrs notice to JS internationally?

Is there a pass bureau phone number to do this with or do you have to go to the ticket counter at the Airport?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks for the input...very helpful. BTW, I did use the search function so you can forget that little zinger.

Anybody with any Current useful info?

If you are referring to APIS; I don't believe it applies. I jumpseated on DAL a couple of weeks ago and didn't have a problem. I checked in 75 minutes before the flight left ATL, at the main international ticket counter. It took about 4 ticket agents to figure out how to put a jumpseater in the system (I'll explain why in a minute), but once I was in, I simply proceeded to the gate and waited to be cleared like a non rev would be. The procedure is the same for the return with the exception of the tax that must be paid.

One more thing; if you are using DAL and they say that the tax is $0.00 have them swipe your credit card. It is the only way for the ticket to be issued. It took 4 agents to figure that out and I nearly missed the flight!

All in all it was a great experience! Thanks Delta!

FIT59,

On the return jumpseat back to the US was there anything unusual with respect to getting past the ticket counter, security, etc? Any other suggestions?

FIT59,

On the return jumpseat back to the US was there anything unusual with respect to getting past the ticket counter, security, etc? Any other suggestions?

I didn't j/s back home, (the flight was too full so I took a buddy pass) but I ran into a pilot who was jumpseating on another flight and asked him what the procedure was. He said it was exactly the same; go to the ticket counter, pay your tax, and wait to get called. When they clear you, the pass they give you will get you through security and to the gate. This was the procedure in ATH, so it could be different at other cities. I specifically asked him if he needed to list 24 hours in advance and he said no.

I hope this helps.

FIT59

Just to explain the 24 hr rule that gets thrown into the mix....

The 24 hour TSA rule applies for crew. If your airline has the ability to put you in the cockpit as a jumpseater (computer listing), then you must be on that list 24 hours prior for TSA to verify all cockpit crew. the 24 hour rule does not apply to cabin seats.....be they filled with revenue, non-revenue, jumpseaters, etc.

As a jumpseater on Delta you MUST be at the gate NLT 75 minutes prior to scheduled departure or they WILL deny you a seat. 75 minutes is the minimum time to get you on the passenger screening list sent to TSA prior to any/all international flights. Most airlines say 90 minutes prior to pad the time a little. DAL uses the hard 75 minutes prior. That means through security, and standing in front of the agent NLT 75 minutes. I repeat it because there have been a few people denied at less than 75 minutes.

Also, if you are a Delta Connection pilot you will be unable to "jumpseat" on DAL international flights. the computer will deny you the jumpseat, and the agents will move you over to the stand-by list where the computer will list you as a DCI employee (higher priority than offline) and "charge" you as any DCI /DAL non rev would be charged (see your airline travel department for details to how many free international trip you can take). Hopefully, this glitch will be resolved when TSA open up CASS for international use, which could happen anytime now.

Hope this helps

I will also suggest,even if there's $0 tax, to pay the tax for the return at once,one less thing to worry about

Latest resources

Back