2006 Taxes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blzr

Any corp guys/gals out there use TurboTax? do you think it's worth using?

Thanks

blzr said:

Thanks

I have used it for the last 3 years and I am a self proclaimed financial idiot. I have had no problems with it and would recommend highly. That said, I am not self-employed nor do I have any complicated tax issues.

blzr said:

Thanks

I've also used it for years ... never had a problem (that I know of :)) As long as your taxes aren't really complicated, I would recommend it. I'm going to try H&R's Tax cut this year, just for grins.

I have used it for the last probably 5-6 years. As others have said provided that they are not complicated (self employed, etc - good tax advisor can better tell you what you can and can't write off) just about any idiot can answer the questions, fill in the blanks and press "continue". ALmost foolproof!

I too have used it for years. After the first year of entering all your personal info, the subsequent years import all that data and you're basically entereing W2, deduction, etc, info. Couldn't be easier. The first year I tried it I took my info to a tax accountant and had them do a return for my piece of mind. The difference was a buck and change.

I usually do my state/fed return in a couple hours just because I check and recheck my entries. If you're really on the ball (and I am NOT), you can enter all that info throughout the year using Quicken and import it to TurboTax. Then it takes about 15 minutes to do a typical return.

What's the average cost of a TurboTax program? Can the program deal alot of deductions? -Investment property deductions, milage, etc...

Thanx-

$39.95. I just got the Delux at OfficeMax. It does just about everything. You can upgrade to the most advanced for a few $ more. Seems fairly easy to me and I just have a history degree and can barely balance my checkbook.

looks like I'm getting a $15000 return. WOW, I love this program

blzr said:
$39.95. I just got the Delux at OfficeMax. It does just about everything. You can upgrade to the most advanced for a few $ more. Seems fairly easy to me and I just have a history degree and can barely balance my checkbook.

looks like I'm getting a $15000 return. WOW, I love this program

15K return?

how????

now slap yourself for loaning the gubbament 15K.

:)

SCT said:
What's the average cost of a TurboTax program? Can the program deal alot of deductions? -Investment property deductions, milage, etc...

Thanx-
The cost should be a non-issue; Any Tax Prep software is fully tax deductable. No kidding.

Also, TT does take into acct Investment property, milage, deductions, donations, all that good stuff. You can go directly to the TT web site and use the web based edition.

Gulfstream 200 said:
15K return?

how????

now slap yourself for loaning the gubbament 15K.

:)

I'm perdy shure I entered the wrong info. I'll probly have to write the gubbment a big ole check. I have to do my part to subsidise the bankrupt airlines.

Latest resources

Back