2004 Hiring at Net Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hiring..

letter of recomendation from an NJA pilot in good standing with the company.....

Hell, didnt know there were any NJA pilots not in good standing as mgmt gets rid of the ones that are not. Except for the latest reinstatement.... of which we need more of.

The union is slowly growing teeth.....
:rolleyes:

As far as the "overcrewing" is concerned, I just cant believe that this company requires 4.5 PILOTS per plane. That makes just over 2 CREWS per craft.

At both airlines I used to work for, we were at 4 to 5 CREWS per plane. That makes 8 to 10 pilots per plane.

NJA is not overstaffed! They will however be understaffed as soon as the hiring comes full circle, and I think I see it coming unless this contract is worthwhile!

"60 pilots were present today just ripe for that type of tactic. I found it particularly telling that the next statement he made was that "there's no reason to worry about a furlough" (Griz)

Griz, make my day and tell me that JP's comment was followed by 60 fits of laughter!!!!

Gotta love it!
:)

Hiring...........

Griz Its amazing to me how the number keeps changing... I went to GS recurrent two months ago and Peters said about 300 were going to be hired.....

Ahhh... the Bull**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** tactics..

:p

Can a current Net Jets pilot please post the proper procedure for furnishing a letter of recommendation from a Net Jets pilot. i.e.-who in HR should they be addressed to-thanks

Dave

It used to be an easy process. All you had to do was have the Captain you know hand carry it to the pilot recruiters and you would be interviewed. That pleasure no longer exists.

I would recommend making three copies of the letter. Send the first one in with your resume, the second one in with your application, and hand carry the third to your interview just in case.

Good Luck!

Daveflier,

This is who I always addressed the recomendations that I wrote to. Of course as stated above I walked it in person along with the applicant's resume. (That used to get you to the top of the pile but those days are over).

Jerry McDermand,
Director of Flight Crew Resources
NetJets Aviation, Inc.
4111 Bridgeway Ave.
Columbus OH, 43219

35to1 said:
As far as the "overcrewing" is concerned, I just cant believe that this company requires 4.5 PILOTS per plane. That makes just over 2 CREWS per craft.

At both airlines I used to work for, we were at 4 to 5 CREWS per plane. That makes 8 to 10 pilots per plane.

NJA is not overstaffed! They will however be understaffed as soon as the hiring comes full circle, and I think I see it coming unless this contract is worthwhile!

Don't be a tool. Netjets is a frac not an airline. At the airlines when you finish your duty day you give up your plane to another crew, that plane sees at least 2 crews a day, maybe 3. At Netjets, the crew stays with the same plane until the end of your work week, barring taking it to a service station or other circumstances that cause you to lose your plane. Therefore, you really only need 2 crews per plane plus a little extra to cover the slop/overlap of crews. I know the X is a maintenance pig, so the fact that 30%+ of them at any given moment are at the service center is not a good point of reference, but if in the rest of the fleet only 10% of them are at the service center, which is probably a fair assumption then that would cover the slop/overlapping of crews.

Latest resources

Back