1st class for airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hdpilot50

Have buddy that was in a really bad car accident almost a year ago, and he is concern that he won't get a 1st class. His foot has a few pins and restricts full movement. So he kind of has a hard time getting in and out of small cockpits. I am sure this can all be help by some stretching. He has in the past held a 1st class, and flown about 1000tt. I guess my question is: is going to have a hard time getting hired for his ability to get in and out of the cockpit because of his injury.

Have buddy that was in a really bad car accident almost a year ago, and he is concern that he won't get a 1st class. His foot has a few pins and restricts full movement. So he kind of has a hard time getting in and out of small cockpits. I am sure this can all be help by some stretching. He has in the past held a 1st class, and flown about 1000tt. I guess my question is: is going to have a hard time getting hired for his ability to get in and out of the cockpit because of his injury.

It seems possible since as a crew member he'd need to be able to help in an evacuation. It seems to me that the FAA is really overly paranoid when it comes to medical conditions no matter what they are. That could be just me though.

Go to an AME and apply for a 1st, if it is issued you are all set. If it is not then you go through the demonstrated ability and wavier process

Latest resources

Back