147th Interview Noification

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck to all you guys on the 147th!

I did my flying class 1 physical with their medical group (since I am stationed down here with the Navy, but I have the 148th's UPT slot). Anyway, great group of folks. Met their UPT select for last year while he was doing his physical, and he was a real good guy.

"downright rude"?!

Gotta agree with kelley. All of the pilots that I met at the 147th were pretty cool. In no way whatsoever were they "downright rude".

BTW, for those interested in reading up on the unit...there's a decent article on the 147th in Code One's 2002 second quarter edition.

Mike, Slye, Chris...good luck gents. - Ryan Paul

I never said the guys in the unit were rude, but Iv got to admit Iv heard more bad stories then good. I her last year that some guys had gone home after there interview only to be called back for a 2nd interview and had to purchase a last minute plane ticket, that’s poor planning on the part of the unit in my opinion. Again these are just the things Iv heard from fellow interviewers I have met at other units and on the SPN board. Just my .02 cents.

http://www.studentpilot.net/cf/msgb...rmstartdate=05/25/2002&formenddate=11/24/2002

stlpilot said:
I never said the guys in the unit were rude, but Iv got to admit Iv heard more bad stories then good. I her last year that some guys had gone home after there interview only to be called back for a 2nd interview and had to purchase a last minute plane ticket, that’s poor planning on the part of the unit in my opinion.

If I were wanting to get on with a guard/reserve squadron, I wouldn't want to pass "hearsay", bad stories or your opinion's that criticize units here. They may not be the only unit looking though this forum.
;)

clarification

stlpilot,

"I never said the guys in the unit were rude..."

...And I never said you said it. I just have to throw in my two cents when I hear bad things said about good people. Good luck to you with everything.

Kelleyadai,
Got your PM. My computer is acting up and your message won't open. Mind shooting me an email so I can reply to you via hotmail? - Ryan Paul

[email protected]

Alright Im not trying to start a war of words. What I wanted to say came out slightly wrong ( gee that seems to happen a lot lately). Anyway it was simply my opinion that the baord seemed unorganized last year and put a lot of guys in an inconveinent spot when they found out they had to come all the way back for a second interview at the last minute and after they were already home. A pal of mine was one of those guys and on a flight instructor budget he could not make the return trip. It will always be my belief that could have been better planning on the part of the unit. That being said, I do like that fact that they interview anyone who is qualified b/c it gives us guys with lower grades and no 4 stars letters of rec under our belt, a chance to show our stuff. Either way enjoy the trip.

Latest resources

Back