Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Okaythen

135 Turbo-Prop PIC Pay

I know this information is in previous posts, but I'm having a hard time tracking it down. SO...could I please get some input on what turbo-prop PICs are making out there? Conquest II information would be especially useful. I appreciate that there are regional differences, but any information is better than none.

Thanks in advance for any help!

OK

p.s. I've participated in the avcrew salary survey, but not sure when the 2003 issue is due out.

Last edited:
Which region of the country?

I know a guy flying a Conquest II in the LA area making 36k per year with benefits, part 91/135.

I fly a Conquest I in a contract fashion for 300 a day. The Amount of flying I do equates to about 45K per year. This is fairly average in the Rocky Mountain region.

Caravan pay for Airnet regardless of base is

Year one about $23K
Year two about $25K

Thats for working 4 nights a week with no overtime. Most pilots take home more. Exact pay scale is on airnet website.

Flying a Beech 99 in the Midwest first year pay is around 29k minnimum and goes up by about 2-3k pear year. Most guys make a couple grand more then that each year by doing extra trips or flying a run that goes from monday night through saturday morning. I would say average first year is 34k, and average second year is 38k.

PIC Pay

Entirely part 91 single pilot Cheyenne II PIC in Southeast VA: $45k/year plus end of year profit sharing bonus. Average about 35 flight hours per month and 8 to 10 overnights. My job requires a daily office presence and I generally keep the airplane clean and ready to go. No other collateral duties, but I did just recently get a computer at the office! Cell phone, FAA physicals and all of the on the road expenses are reimbursed. Health and 401k are also provided at no cost to me. :)

I'm on call pretty much 24/7, with no real scheduled days off. There is another pilot who will cover when necessary and also tag along when he feels like it. (He's the "Chief" and also a VP for the company). We've discussed alternating on-call weekends. We do it on case-to case right now. FlightSafety every 12 months.

Hope that helps ya!

-PJ

Thanks!

That sounds like a pretty good set-up!

Thanks for all the information. Having some idea what the average is makes the "pay discussions" easier.

Pay

I fly a Conquest II in the Midwest and I make about 31K per year. I also do office work which sucks but I fly about 350-400 hours per year. I also get full medical and dental converage. I would like to fly more if I could wouldn't happen to be looking for pilots would you?

CD

Latest resources

Back