• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

121 vs. 135 ATP written

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't think either one is "easier." Which area do you find easier to study, or are more used to, 121 or 135 ops?

I was working under 135 when I took my ATP written. I chose 121 because that's what I wanted to eventually do, and I like studying transport-catagory aircraft systems. Some folks would probably choose 135 simply because that's what they're used to or currently doing. Or perhaps they find King Air systems slightly less daunting.

In the end I don't think it matters much. Your ticket won't indicate which written you took anyway.

my ATP license says "Airline Transport Pilot, Multi-Engine Land"..........i don't even remember which test I took......hell it could've been the FE written for all I know :confused:

Kawasumi_Kichou said:
I was working under 135 when I took my ATP written. I chose 121 because that's what I wanted to eventually do, and I like studying transport-catagory aircraft systems. Some folks would probably choose 135 simply because that's what they're used to or currently doing. Or perhaps they find King Air systems slightly less daunting.

WTF are you talking about? The only difference between the 135 and 121 tests are the regs questions you get. There are no King Air systems on it. For that matter, there aren't ANY aircraft-specific systems questions on it, just performance/W&B charts and stuff like that for the BE-1900, DC-9, 727, and 737. Taking the 135 version doesn't exempt you from doing those.

Latest resources

Back