• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

121 FO to 135 cargo questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know how most 135 ops view SIC 121 time on a 1900? Looking to get home a little more often and am considering the 135 cargo operators. What do you all think? TT=1500, multi=900, turbine=800

What kind of cargo carriers are you looking for? Check haulers that fly nothing bigger than a Baron or a Navajo/C-402? Or a larger company like Ameristar that flies Falcon 20s? I fly for a company that fits in the former category and previous Part 121 time is kind of frowned upon. The reason is that you're there to build time to get to the airlines. Since you've already been there and got the time, you probably won't stick around very long. I don't know how bigger cargo companies will consider your time.

Your gonna hate life if you go from the commuters to freight.......I speak from experence.....

fmnmetalbender

It is not considered "great" time, but it won't hurt you. Unless you paid for it. Then you are probably screwed.

If you PFT then you will probably not be looked at seriously by any company that is worth working for. The scumbag operations that would look at you are the same type that sell time in the right seat of airplanes that don't require an F/O. Worthless.

I hope this is not your situation.

Latest resources

Back