100 seat a/c at Skywest or Comair ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flaps30

Whats up with General Lee ? Anyone seen him?

Anyway whats the chance mainline will allow 100 seat aircraft to fly at Skywest or Comair. I know they put a new 100 seat rate in the Comair contract.

My guess is there is a .00000000000000000001% chance that ALPA will sign off on a deal to put 100 seat airplanes at Skywest, or Comair. The trend seems to be the other direction with the Delta MEC proposing the negotiation of pay rates for airplanes in the 70 to 90 and 100 seat range. ALPA has offered changes to the furloughee protections in their DL contract as an inducement. Further, the pay rates being talked about appear to be inferior to the rates currently being earned by Comair and ASA's pilots on 70 seat jets.

The wild card in this remains the RJDC litigation and its protection of the CY96 scope language - under which ASA flew 105 seat jets for DL. However, with the rates we hear rumors about it appears mainline ALPA is willing to "buy" back this flying. ALPA National will do nothing to stop predatory bargaining as the race for the bottom continues.

Last edited:
"I know they put a new 100 seat rate in the Comair contract."

There is no 100 seat a/c rate in the current CMR contract.

~~~^~~~ said:
The wild card in this remains the RJDC litigation and its protection of the CY96 scope language - under which ASA flew 105 seat jets for DL.

Fins, the DAL PWA in '96 allowed an exemption for 20 Bae 146 aircraft flown by ASA only. The language did not state 105 seat aircraft, only Bae 146 aircraft and only 20 of them.

As far as the RJDC wild card goes, the RJDC is dead in the water and going nowhere. Two and a half years after discovery, with 90% of their claims summarily dismissed, the RJDC can't seem to bring its case to trial.

flaps30 said:
Whats up with General Lee ? Anyone seen him?

Anyway whats the chance mainline will allow 100 seat aircraft to fly at Skywest or Comair. I know they put a new 100 seat rate in the Comair contract.

Thanks for caring. My schedule this month was front loaded to get Thanksgiving off. As far as chances of 100 seaters at Comair or SkyWest, I would say very slim. That point is one of the huge sticking points in negotiations (or lack of them) right now. I am sure Dalpa saw the 40-100 seat rate at Comair, and we all know about the SkyWest rates too.

And Fins, I think only one of those BAE146s (the all white one) had more than 100 seats, and that was due to a short term lease of that particular BAE146. I was paying attention then too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
FDJ2 said:
Fins, the DAL PWA in '96 allowed an exemption for 20 Bae 146 aircraft flown by ASA only. The language did not state 105 seat aircraft, only Bae 146 aircraft and only 20 of them.

Fins likes to ignore the facts on that one.

Latest resources

Back