Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Saabslime

Dysfunctional family
Just filling out an app and a little fuzzy on employment after the 8 year mark. I had about 4 different jobs around this time while I was in college but I don't have any records and can't remember months or years I worked at each job. If I just put that I was in school full time ( I was) and leave out those employers on the 10 year history will the company ever be able to find out about it?

Its my impression that this 10 year history is just to establish whereabouts which my time in school does. I just don't want them to come back to me and say we found out you had these jobs and didn't tell us. Any thoughts?? Thanks........................the slime

For both my 121 jobs I put down full time student to cover the entire time I was enrolled. I left out the jobs during that time frame and never had a problem with either of the checks..

Though I don't have any 121 experience other than knowing which one I would like to work for, I would have to agree with chperplt. I think the whole purpose of that is to make sure you weren't in jail or something. And if you were, I guess put that down too. Most importantly, someone can justify your existance for that time-frame other than license-plate-maker-of-the-month.

good luck with your app/interview!
Kevin

I guess I'll just put down full time student then for years 9 and 10. My school transcripts can verify enrollment. I'm just worried that when they do the background check they'll somehow be able to see a list of all places of employment that far back by using my social security number.

I would think that reporting that time period as "student - full time" with a note: "Worked at various part time jobs during school" would cover the bases.

The 10 year history check is just that, a history check. You provide the information and they verify it. They aren't going to pull your tax returns for the last 10 years and check each employer.

If you list those employers, you'll need to provide contact info for them. If they are out of business, you'll have to provide tax information as verification. If you put "full time student" and provide transcripts that cover that time period, you'll be just fine.

Latest resources

Back