• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cool. So that means I can call you and have my airline show/go changed to a time that actually gets me home when the sun is still up when I'm in East Godknowswhere with NO JET and NO CREW and yet my airline isn't until 5 PM local? Awesome.

Scheduling is a mess and we ALL know it. Your department wastes more money and screws more owners by noon than ANY pilot does in a year.

Why blame scheduling? They are just trying to extract more with less under the direction of the EMT. Look this entire organization will continue to suffer until WB and BRK have reason to uninstall JH and decouple from his predecessor's business model. The pilots are the only group with enough leverage to serve as a catalyst for this necessary change. I truly empathize with the rank and file employees at Bridgeway many of whom are beginning to become aware of managements failings. Anyone that loves Netjets should be on the same page regarding this reality.

Why blame scheduling? They are just trying to extract more with less under the direction of the EMT. Look this entire organization will continue to suffer until WB and BRK have reason to uninstall JH and decouple from his predecessor's business model. The pilots are the only group with enough leverage to serve as a catalyst for this necessary change. I truly empathize with the rank and file employees at Bridgeway many of whom are beginning to become aware of managements failings. Anyone that loves Netjets should be on the same page regarding this reality.

This. We are ALL trying to do more with less. The instances of "waste",though not wasteful in its reasoning like everyone thinks is happening is a direct result of it.

Cool. So that means I can call you and have my airline show/go changed to a time that actually gets me home when the sun is still up when I'm in East Godknowswhere with NO JET and NO CREW and yet my airline isn't until 5 PM local? Awesome.

Scheduling is a mess and we ALL know it. Your department wastes more money and screws more owners by noon than ANY pilot does in a year.

Did you ask about it? Odds are the travel request was made by the line builder program and, wrongly on our part, went unaddressed. If you truly had no tail and no crew I doubt you did because it would have been fixed...

.....or you could dummy ticket...no tail and no crew is almost always an automatic yes if you take the time to ask....but complaining about it is easier.

Skilled negotiators manage expectations prior to and during a negotiation. Some managers do this instinctively. For example, in the month prior to salary negotiations with employees, managers may broadcast the message that this has been a difficult year for the company. After having their expectations lowered, some employees may be satisfied to receive even a small cost-of-living raise.

http://www.pon.harvard.edu/daily/con...-expectations/

Sound familiar?

Now is 10/250 a callout passing 10,000 feet? Or a RAISING of expectations?

:crying:

Callout
POSITIVE RATE
Response:
WHEELS UP? LOL

In light of recent industry news ...We thought 10/250 was a better response to Positive Rate

Last edited:
Did you ask about it? Odds are the travel request was made by the line builder program and, wrongly on our part, went unaddressed. If you truly had no tail and no crew I doubt you did because it would have been fixed...

.....or you could dummy ticket...no tail and no crew is almost always an automatic yes if you take the time to ask....but complaining about it is easier.

Ask? Are you kidding? That's the fastest way to ASSURE you get screwed worse. Been there, done that. My goal every tour is to NEVER call. For anything. My QOL on the road IMPROVED when I stopped calling.

Look, I know Bridgeway is under the gun from the Ivory Tower as much as we are. But scheduling has ALWAYS been the leak in the boat even before Jordy waltzed in the door. It's become a fact of life that I have learned to deal with and my mantra is: expect the worst, hope for the best. That way I'm never disappointed. Just please don't ask me to call when the people on your end of the phone have neither the time nor the inclination to fix it. Not ripping you. Just my experience.

you have to have a will to be in the game if you want to win the game

the group as a whole wants to be in the game. the group needs to select appropriate leadership to coach it through the game for the win

Latest resources

Back