• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is Gutshot a negotiator? If he is then present it, if not then what's the point of presenting the idea here.

No, I'm not on the negotiating team. But I wanted to get a feel for what people OUTSIDE the NJASAP echo chamber message board think of the 10/250 concept.

The discussion, for the most part, has been respectful and enlightening.

No, I don't yet. The number is highly dependant on the rest of the sections. You should know that.

Here's one way to look at it:

Your company will operate a jet thats only equal in range is a 777 or higher. A jet that operates at cruise speeds that exceed a 777 or higher. A jet that provides a level of service, security, luxury and privacy that far exceeds the most expensive seat on any commercial jet in the world. Singapore Airlines first class included.

A Southwest Captain makes more than $250K. A 777 Captain with a first class cabin makes more than $250K. What are Global 8000/G650 Captains going to make in China ? I bet it will reach $250K.

Every Captain responsible, for every comparable method of travel, is paid at that level or above.

Awesome, Dicko. How much revenue does that 777 bring in on a typical flight?

Once again iMac dog, what do you consider an appropriate raise?

I've already answered multiple times. But to ask you a question - what are you willing to give up to get that 250K for a 7/7 10-year captain?

Any other belieber is welcome to answer as well.

Last edited:
Awesome, Dicko. How much revenue does that 777 bring in on a typical flight?

Great question. How much does it cost to operate ? It's an economy of scale issue. The margin is surprisingly small. We could use a 737 as an example; The pay is still over $250K and the margins are small. I think the margin for a Global operated by NJA is better than a 737. Shouldn't that be reflected in the pilots pay ?

Boeing estimates that 50% of an airlines revenue is generated by 10% of its seats. That 10% is the premium seating.The cost of those seats is chump change compared to what a NJ owner pays.

My point is; the owners are expecting the highest level of transportation that is available today, and they're paying a huge premium for it. The pilots are being compensated somewhere between a well paid regional and a National airline. There's a disconnect.

Happy to be corrected. Hopefully the NJ Pilots negotiating Committee knows the answers. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Here's one way to look at it:

Your company will operate a jet thats only equal in range is a 777 or higher. A jet that operates at cruise speeds that exceed a 777 or higher. A jet that provides a level of service, security, luxury and privacy that far exceeds the most expensive seat on any commercial jet in the world. Singapore Airlines first class included.

A Southwest Captain makes more than $250K. A 777 Captain with a first class cabin makes more than $250K. What are Global 8000/G650 Captains going to make in China ? I bet it will reach $250K.

Every Captain responsible, for every comparable method of travel, is paid at that level or above.
But I thought flylow and Fisch didn't want to be compared to the airlines?

Great question. How much does it cost to operate ? It's an economy of scale issue. The margin is surprisingly small. We could use a 737 as an example; The pay is still over $250K and the margins are small. I think the margin for a Global operated by NJA is better than a 737. Shouldn't that be reflected in the pilots pay ?

Boeing estimates that 50% of an airlines revenue is generated by 10% of its seats. That 10% is the premium seating.The cost of those seats is chump change compared to what a NJ owner pays.

My point is; the owners are expecting the highest level of transportation that is available today, and they're paying a huge premium for it. The pilots are being compensated somewhere between a well paid regional and a National airline. There's a disconnect.

Happy to be corrected. Hopefully the NJ Pilots negotiating Committee knows the answers. Good luck to all.

Bit of a disconnect...how much utilization is there with an airliner versus a corporate jet...not even close so the figures are meaningless...

The maximum pay....

Is whatever sum it is that is more cost efficient or otherwise more beneficial than replacing the worker.... It's the union's job to find out what that number is and get it negotiated into the next CBA.

The minimum pay ...

is whatever number it takes to keep most of the workers from leaving the property so as to minimize replacement cost. Its the company negotiators job to find that number.

Latest resources

Back