• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1% giving 99% of us a bad name...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately there are some of us out there who happen to think we're better than the mere mortals who service our aircraft and take care of all the details that allow us to fly it. I've never understood how some people think they're better than others just because of what they do. A toilet scrubber deserves the same kind of respect as a ceo of a big corporation. I treat all people well until they treat me poorly.
It is normally because they are so unsure of themselves, like an Ensign who doesn't get saluted because a sailor walks by with his arms full, they take think demanding respect will make them respected. His ego on the reality of being a pilot does not fit the reality of the real world. Showing respect to the little guy is the right way to do things.

Way to come on here and complain about the a$$hat. Glad you all [gave the terd looks]. Once in awhile these types need their arse handed to them they way they dole out that treatment to others. Seems you had a majority opportunity as a group to Professionally (although he deserved less respect) counsel his actions as unacceptable and unflatteringly representative of the remaining pro-pilot corps. We don't tolerate this behavior anywhere else, why is it not reigned in the FBO? If we held each other accountable to a higher standard as professionals then these incidents would seldom take place and the 1% would become .1%.

Keep in mind, if approached with respect, this jackhole doesn't know you and may perceive you (hopefully) as a potential lead, interviewer or Boss someday. At a minimum, you will be heard by the lineguy who will see that we keep our own inline and he should never stop being the stellar performer he obviously is in the care and attention he offers his position.

Not criticizing, just suggesting an alternative venue and audience. I would rather read here how a group of you approached with this suggested tact and nutsack continued to be the prick he obviously is and maybe a tail number or a/c type could help us keep an eye out for this guy who is possibly experiencing minimal job satisfaction and help us I.D. him and strongly suggest a career change.

100-1/2

One thing I always recommend to pilots seeking info on an employer is that they talk to the local lineguys as part of their research. You can tell a lot about an owner, CP, etc. by how they treat the line staff. I know at our airport their opinions are 100% accurate.

One thing I always recommend to pilots seeking info on an employer is that they talk to the local lineguys as part of their research. You can tell a lot about an owner, CP, etc. by how they treat the line staff. I know at our airport their opinions are 100% accurate.

When I was interviewing for my current job, I was working for a charter outfit based at the same FBO as them. The company I was interviewing with asked the FBO staff about me after I left, so it does happen.

The 1% (really ab out 25%)

Yes, this fellow does us all a disservice.

Our job, my job, when I'm flying is to get the flight completed, perfectly, safely and offering the client an experience like nothing else. Yes, we provide transportation, but we sell the experience.

If somebody gets in the way, it's my job, your job ... our job to get the job done (see above) .. not waste time and energy belittling or berating an individual in real time. Get the job done, and done on time.

If you really have an issue with an FBO's service, the very best thing you can do is call the general manager at the end of your flight and voice your concern. Also promise not to vote in their direction in the annual ProPilot serveys or if the situation dictates, let the G.M. know that you will be advising their superiors (aka a chain such as Signature) that if this level of dissapointment continues there are other options to be explored, such as Atlantic, Landmark or others.

Never birate an individual because of their shortcommings. Rather express your displeasure with their organization. After all, that's who you were paying for the service in the first place.

Someone should teach the a$$hat that this thread is about this simple lesson.

TransMach

Well well well, 100 and a half and I can actually agree on something. Treating anyone w less than total respect is a recipe for disaster in this business. Bizav is a small community. Folks who saw that will see that guy again. You never know who you will be working for, be asked for a reference, see again etc etc.

EVERYTIME you walk through an FBO you should conduct yourself as though you are on an interview. Even on repo legs never let anyone see you in anything less that a full company attire. Treat everyone with respect.

Guys who are spazs and blow up over nothing are telling you something. How do you think that guy would behave w an engine fire, imc after selecting gear up. He's exactly the guy you dont want to be sitting next to.

...Even on repo legs never let anyone see you in anything less that a full company attire...

Forget that... It's Flip Flops and Shorts for me. But then I guess that is out company Attire sometimes.

How about the guys who follow me into the FBO where I have been employed for 4 years and start yelling at me because I tailgated them? They come into the FBO swearing at me. The CSRs were speechless.

Keep in mind this is not a part 139 airport with no airline service. I am in uniform with my security badge. There are no security signs at the gate.

And the best part was that I opened the gate with my remote for the jerks. The short story was they called my DO and apologized. Not without making total asses of themselves.

Overall I've given up on pilots unless they prove otherwise. Its far more than 1% in my opinion.

Pilot's have always had a stereotype for being cool, fun etc but in real life I would say 75% are total dorks and up-tight. Sad really...

Latest resources

Back