• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta TA 06/2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typical ALPA officer opinion. Pay rates aren't everything bud, unless you are an ALPA lifer and want more and more dues monies fotr that broken institution... It's obvious that you haven't looked at any parts of the TA except pay. Those rates are being funded by PS. Last year we got 16.58% of our W2 in PS. This year it's projected to be 22-25%. 2016-2018 even higher. We sold that for a 6% raise. Those the compensation still look good to you? Is that an "excellent package"?
Geez

Your comments about the NMB are also typical ALPA comments designed to scare line pilots.... It doesn't have to get to that. It behooves DAL to negotiate in good faith.

You're absolutely right Jam-Bro.

The relative small pay raises don't come close to making up for the future Profit Sharing loses. You guys had a great pay package last year. Decent rates (need increasing obviously), 15% B-fund (excellent), and Profit Sharing of 16.5% on top of the previous two items. That's some nice coin, and will be worth less in the future with this TA.

RA wants some of his profit sharing back, along with JV give back, reset on number of RJ's, loss in OE lines, AND sick call oversight. And he gets it in this TA. I was excited when I saw the pay rates, but then became nauseated when I saw the rest.

Vote no, and vote often. Just my opinion.

Yes, I've looked at the PS, and it's more than offset by the pay raises by a significant amount. Sorry if math is difficult for you.

I'm not telling you to vote in favor. I'd probably vote against it because of the sick policy and LCA issues, actually. But the compensation package is excellent.

an 8% pay raise now when they have made 5X in profits what they did in '12? Remember, you give up QOL now and you'll NEVER get it back.

the TA is turned down 75/25 and the stock drops 5% (2B) in a day. at the earnings call, analysts ask ra about his relationship and the fact that he said it was "off the table?" they ask if the jd power is no longer important as he apparently misread the pilots. the pilots then decide to help the fas unionize because there is strength in numbers. BIG money will leave the stock because ra decided to "wait until the nmb." a big premium to the stock price will disappear overnight.
in any case, give up qol or scope, you never get it back. didn't they learn about trading pay for scope in 2001 when they authorized thousands of RJs to replace mainline planes? PCL, I'm really shocked you can't remember this. Now on the top end, highest paying planes. Shameful.

Yes, I've looked at the PS, and it's more than offset by the pay raises by a significant amount. Sorry if math is difficult for you.

I'm not telling you to vote in favor. I'd probably vote against it because of the sick policy and LCA issues, actually. But the compensation package is excellent.

Heck, how about an extra 2% for no reroute guarantees? Why not an additional 1% for being able to fly a during vacation and a "no furlough clause?" 2% for minimum reserve guarantee as only the junior are on reserve? Why not an extra 1% for a 5 year equipment/seat lock? Heck, that's like an additional 6%! Think about Time Value of Money!!!!

My favorite issue with this thread is all the SWA types talking about us setting the bar! They are burning down the NMB setting the bar for an industry. I mean who can argue with somebody in negotiations since 2012 with no end in sight. Setting the bar up high? Hardly....they don't have much
room to speak anything about our contract.

My favorite issue with this thread is all the SWA types talking about us setting the bar! They are burning down the NMB setting the bar for an industry. I mean who can argue with somebody in negotiations since 2012 with no end in sight. Setting the bar up high? Hardly....they don't have much

At least they aren't settling for a POS TA like our NC has:-(

Yeah, those pay raises that bring total compensation to its highest level ever are a real bummer. :rolleyes:

Relax Bill, most on here want you to get a great deal. Hell, I don't care who raises the bar, it could be Allegiant and I'd be happy for them. It helps everyone.

Now, since you decided to throw stone our way on top of your bizarre comment, let me say this....We have held the bar, for what? 10+ years? We still have one of the best contracts in the industry with absolutely no scope relief.

We all know that had nothing to do with DL pilots or even SW pilots, but the bankruptcies of multiple carriers and poor management decisions. It really doesn't matter at this point.

We've had a CEO just stiff arm us for over 2 years but we aren't caving. Jam-Bro actually got that right. I think what you'll see from our contract is 1- Higher hourly rates, 2- More retirement dollars, 3- A nice retro bonus back to the amendable date, etc. It helps if other carriers get good deals as well. Will the rates be as high as what your TA has? Not sure, but it would be nice.

Hope you guys get it worked out.

PCL, High pay rates don't mean squat if they reduce some of the flying available via JV relief, etc. We've seen this movie before. Remember high pay rates for just a few RJ's? How many mainline jobs lost? Thousands. Ask what happened United's LAX-FRA route when the gave JV relief.

Latest resources

Back