Spirit Airlines: Updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info!

By QOL on the road, I meant to include questions about: typical time on duty, number of legs per day, hotel quality, and time off on the overnight.

6-10 hours on duty average, 2-3 legs a day average, hotels are descent, and average 14-20 hours off on overnight.

Don't forget to add...this place is coming apart at the seams!

kwick...not an investor...just a poor old line Captain....make no mistake....I love my job and im very fortunate to be here....but there are days that this place scares me....from an operational standpoint....youll be less than impressed...it almost always seems minutes away from self implosion....once you get in the left seat, be prepared to do everyone else's job as well as yours or the flight will rarely ever get out on time....all for the discount price of $50 to $60 less than any other airbus operator. Yup were very profitable, and the pilots arent seeing a dime of that. Just trying to be real with everyone so eager to come here....if this next contract is a poo biscuit, your gonna see a mass exodus of pilots out of here....hope management knows it...

Snap145 is right about this place falling apart, especially last 2-3 weeks. Wait 45+ to talk to crew scheduling. Always not enough crew members. It's been a rough last couple weeks. I think a lot has to do with summer schedules and trying to run the airline lean and it's been backfiring. But, yes I still think this place is a great place to be, they just need to get staffing situated better.

kwick...not an investor...just a poor old line Captain....make no mistake....I love my job and im very fortunate to be here....but there are days that this place scares me....from an operational standpoint....youll be less than impressed...it almost always seems minutes away from self implosion....once you get in the left seat, be prepared to do everyone else's job as well as yours or the flight will rarely ever get out on time....all for the discount price of $50 to $60 less than any other airbus operator. Yup were very profitable, and the pilots arent seeing a dime of that. Just trying to be real with everyone so eager to come here....if this next contract is a poo biscuit, your gonna see a mass exodus of pilots out of here....hope management knows it...

I can't think of a single major issue in more than 6 months... Guess I've been lucky.

Additional Spirit questions

Hi,
After reading the multiple comments and while trying to make a productive decision; can anybody share info on the following:
1) How are the instructors at Spirit treated, GS and FFS (salaries, time off)?
2) Are all the instructors, line pilots? if not
3) Are the non line pilot instructors in any union?
4) Number of instructors in the training house known?
5) How are the benefits at Spirit vs. other? (medical/dental cost, PPO options, when do they kick in, 401, etc?)

Any instructor relevant info is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

1) How are the instructors at Spirit treated, GS and FFS (salaries, time off)?
2) Are all the instructors, line pilots? if not
3) Are the non line pilot instructors in any union?
4) Number of instructors in the training house known?
5) How are the benefits at Spirit vs. other? (medical/dental cost, PPO options, when do they kick in, 401, etc?)

1. Required to keep current with F.S. 108(c) and Instructor Regs.
2. No
3. Yes
4. 366
5. Medical deductions granted on case by case, PPO vs HMO for Junior reserves, 401k available once you pass bilateral class date

Latest resources

Back