Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Warren sells NJA, is that a good thing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scabbing

Yes being a SCAB will hurt relationships. Growing up my parents worked in the rust belt. Unionism was very strong. I wouldn't describe my parents of hard core unionism, but they would have never crossed a picket line.

Ann Landers had a column in our local paper (remember those?) and gave personal advice. I remember one lady wrote in and asked what to do about a relationship affected by a strike and her husband crossing the picket line.

Several RSVP's for her kids birthday party were returned with the following annotation declining to attend the event:

Sorry
Cannot
Attend
Birthday Party

Yes, when you decide to scab, it's not just you, it's you, your wife and your family.

Like someone said earlier, management speaks with one voice, the union needs to speak with one voice. If you decide to cross the line and join management, you just became the enemy......... a SCAB!

What you don't get this isn't a argument that you are disagreeing with friends Your crossing a picket line to fly struck work and step on the necks of those of us that are fighting for a better contract.

You can make up any excuse you want but you cross a union picket line you will have no friends. You are putting your own needs ahead of your fellow pilots and their families. I don't need friends like that and you come between me and my family.

Excuses excuses. You don't want to be in a union either leave or be a fees payer. It all comes back to you wanting your cake and eat it too.

What nonsense, but predictable coming from you.

Yes being a SCAB will hurt relationships. Growing up my parents worked in the rust belt. Unionism was very strong. I wouldn't describe my parents of hard core unionism, but they would have never crossed a picket line.

Ann Landers had a column in our local paper (remember those?) and gave personal advice. I remember one lady wrote in and asked what to do about a relationship affected by a strike and her husband crossing the picket line.

Several RSVP's for her kids birthday party were returned with the following annotation declining to attend the event:

Sorry
Cannot
Attend
Birthday Party

Yes, when you decide to scab, it's not just you, it's you, your wife and your family.

Like someone said earlier, management speaks with one voice, the union needs to speak with one voice. If you decide to cross the line and join management, you just became the enemy......... a SCAB!

Any friends of mine who mistreats me if I cross are friends I never needed, and shame on them. I will find out who my true friends are, I guess, and am fine with that. I would never mistreat anyone who strikes, even though I would strongly oppose them doing so, for jeapardizing my employer's survival and imperilling my job.. Funny how you hooligans don't even see the irony.

Any friends of mine who mistreats me if I cross are friends I never needed, and shame on them. I will find out who my true friends are, I guess, and am fine with that. I would never mistreat anyone who strikes, even though I would strongly oppose them doing so, for jeapardizing my employer's survival and imperilling my job.. Funny how you hooligans don't even see the irony.

You will have no friends if you scab. Well other than those scabs who cross with you.

Why don't you just get some balls and actually say you will scab. You've danced around and around it.

At least be a man and admit you'll be a scab. At least you will have been honest with yourself before everyone turns their backs on you for the rest of your career.

You will have no friends if you scab. Well other than those scabs who cross with you.

Why don't you just get some balls and actually say you will scab. You've danced around and around it.

At least be a man and admit you'll be a scab. At least you will have been honest with yourself before everyone turns their backs on you for the rest of your career.

If the contract is a bad one, and I believe the strike will not permanently damage the company, I WILL strike. I think a strike will be short and successful because of the pilot shortage. And we will laugh at all this anger on the message boards. What's funny is, if you, the doughty Diesel, flew with me, I would be the PIC. I would carefully avoid discussing union issues with you because I want my crew members to have a good time. I would want you to enjoy the tour. I hate conflict and just want everybody to be happy and have long successful careers, avoiding what happened to me so many times, namely losing jobs. How's that for honesty? If any of these conversations have sounded personal, I am truly sorry. We disagree with what is the right thing to do, but we want the same things. A good secure enjoyable career.

If the contract is a bad one, and I believe the strike will not permanently damage the company, I WILL strike. I think a strike will be short and successful because of the pilot shortage. And we will laugh at all this anger on the message boards. What's funny is, if you, the doughty Diesel, flew with me, I would be the PIC. I would carefully avoid discussing union issues with you because I want my crew members to have a good time. I would want you to enjoy the tour. I hate conflict and just want everybody to be happy and have long successful careers, avoiding what happened to me so many times, namely losing jobs. How's that for honesty? If any of these conversations have sounded personal, I am truly sorry. We disagree with what is the right thing to do, but we want the same things. A good secure enjoyable career.

So before you were going to be a scab and now you will strike. I'm not sure if you're bi polar or just haven't decided which way the wind blows. You wish happy and peace for everyone? Kumbayahh.

Your avoidance of conflict is what creates a mediocre career and gives the company the ability to take advantage of it. Do you also avoid conflict when having to write a plane up? Do you avoid it when you're exhausted but don't want to create conflict by calling in fatigued?

Sometimes you have to make a stand. I believe your change of heart is to avoid conflict. You have 4 threads going and everywhere you turn people are telling you are wrong. You've looked back and realized you have no basis for any of your arguments.

Maybe these threads did you some good but I have a feeling you're just following the path of least resistance. Will you be in Omaha? Will you be supporting your fellow pilots by donating hotel or airline miles?

You want to avoid a strike? Support your union. Support your fellow pilots. Fly the contract.

So before you were going to be a scab and now you will strike. I'm not sure if you're bi polar or just haven't decided which way the wind blows. You wish happy and peace for everyone? Kumbayahh.

Your avoidance of conflict is what creates a mediocre career and gives the company the ability to take advantage of it. Do you also avoid conflict when having to write a plane up? Do you avoid it when you're exhausted but don't want to create conflict by calling in fatigued?

Sometimes you have to make a stand. I believe your change of heart is to avoid conflict. You have 4 threads going and everywhere you turn people are telling you are wrong. You've looked back and realized you have no basis for any of your arguments.

Maybe these threads did you some good but I have a feeling you're just following the path of least resistance. Will you be in Omaha? Will you be supporting your fellow pilots by donating hotel or airline miles?

You want to avoid a strike? Support your union. Support your fellow pilots. Fly the contract.

I am not actively supporting the union, for I don't like unions and believe it is making some mistakes and is entirely too bellicose. I do pay dues and will support a strike if the contract offer is not good enough. I probably won't support a strike if the contract offer is reasonable. Hope that clears it up for you. My movement has been a little in your direction since I joined this site.

I am not actively supporting the union, for I don't like unions and believe it is making some mistakes and is entirely too bellicose. I do pay dues and will support a strike if the contract offer is not good enough. I probably won't support a strike if the contract offer is reasonable. Hope that clears it up for you. My movement has been a little in your direction since I joined this site.

There is a lot of I in the above statement.

If you don't support the union why don't you just become a fees payer? Why wouldn't you want to just do that? Then you wouldn't have to be associated with the nasty union.

If my change of heart is because I want to avoid conflict, isn't that what you want? For people like me intimidated into doing what you want?

Latest resources

Back