• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The lack of communication from the union is why you get the ignorant comments from those like Hawkered. Unity my ass.

You get about as much as the current active list-the twice weekly email. Except the occassional response on the boards. Just remember your crew mates and the next CBA will be here LONG after those in elected office are back on the line.

Many of us have experienced hardships before life at Netjets. How much communication do you think I got from RAPA in 1991? Zero, NADA, zilch. It sucks no matter where you are furloughed from for whatever length of time. I have a couple of those shirts, long and short sleeve.

Just what could the union or any one active pilot have done to speed up recalls? While many of us disagree with the message board decision, it did nothing to change the economic reality or the decisions by management.

Instead of being hell bent on getting even with the union (not you personally), or those that extended (very few), or those on the 18 day (almost half the pilots), or....., place your focus where it belongs. On an EMT that lied on a regular basis regarding supplemental lift. An EMT that compares us to FedEx and UPS yet want concessions, in spite of record profits. Not one pilot, active or otherwise, gets pleasure in furloughs. Management, however, loves to see pilot against pilot, and the winner does not include either pilot group unless we unite.

Just remember whatever you vote on, whether it's good for junior or senior, you'll experience both-eventually. Your eyes were placed in front of your face to look forward, not backward.

This .....

You get about as much as the current active list-the twice weekly email. Except the occassional response on the boards. Just remember your crew mates and the next CBA will be here LONG after those in elected office are back on the line.

The same crewmembers that believe that being furloughed during a time of hiring is the same as being a furloughed during the worst economy in decades and in the middle of the airline age 65 stagnation?

The same crewmembers that believe that being furloughed during a time of hiring is the same as being a furloughed during the worst economy in decades and in the middle of the airline age 65 stagnation?

What are you talking about? Ask the USAir guys furloughed in 1988, or the thousands furloughed in the early 90's-me included-how much hiring was going on. That, however, is irrelevant. Your furlough doesn't hurt any more than any other. They all suck.

Having been furloughed twice, I can certainly tell you this one hurt more than the last one. But don't take mine, or any other furloughee's word for it. Stick your fingers in your ears and continue to say "lalalalalalalala".

Having been furloughed twice, I can certainly tell you this one hurt more than the last one. But don't take mine, or any other furloughee's word for it. Stick your fingers in your ears and continue to say "lalalalalalalala".

Did you not gather from my posts that I too was furlough more than once? I'm still paying off debt accumulated more than 20 years ago from the last one. You are not the only one affected by a crappy job market. Yours is simply more recent, so I can understand your frustration. Just don't take it out on those still employed. No lala involved.

Did you not gather from my posts that I too was furlough more than once? I'm still paying off debt accumulated more than 20 years ago from the last one. You are not the only one affected by a crappy job market. Yours is simply more recent, so I can understand your frustration. Just don't take it out on those still employed. No lala involved.

Let's just stipulate that all furloughs suck equally (even though yours weren't affected by an industry-wide lack of normal attrition due to age 65). Many active guys have been through it too. We appreciate your understanding the frustration, but I think you misunderstand what the frustration is about.

Ponder two questions -

1. When you were furloughed, how did you feel about people picking up open time or working more than a standard line?
2. How do you think the active pilots are doing with respect to extended days and the 18-day schedule?

I think it's been pathetic.

I have made more money and spent more time at home in the past 3-years than I would have as an SIC at NJA so I generally don't make an issue of it. But can anyone honestly blame some of the other guys for being frustrated with the active group? How many active guys and union leaders are on the 18 day schedule? How many of those same people are complaining of being overworked?! How can anyone, with a straight face, say that the number of people on the 18-day schedule has no impact on the number of pilots needed? I understand it's everyone's "contractual right" blah, blah, blah. A united pilot group does not do it (beyond what is required for minimum percentages and small fleets).

I think that's "what is being taken out" on those still employed.

Hawkered just won't get it. The union chose to prevent the furloughees from communicating with active pilots, putting them out of sight and out of mind. The active pilots have no idea the stories of hardship that have affected many of the furloughed.

Some of us do. I have kept in touch with several of our furloughed guys and know exactly what they're going through. My wife was furloughed (twice) early in her career and earned a strike star on her ALPA wings to boot.

Many other pilots at NJA have similar experiences, mostly first hand. So it's not exactly fair to say none of the active pilots understand your hardships.

That said, it was mind-boggling to me when we joined the NJASAP circus (post-furlough) to discover you guys didn't have access to the main boards. Silly.

You'll get to participate in the schoolyard food fight soon enough because the more I read, the more convinced I am that the company will have to run the entire list to fill all the spots.

Borg, I get it. Life takes turns against all to various degrees, and we all think we have it worse than the other guy. I have to ask though. I got 26 weeks of unemployment at a small amount based upon a crappy income. How many weeks did those furloughed in this decade get? Neither was enough to live by, but zero is a lot less than not enough beyond that 26 week point.

Latest resources

Back