• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I can't make this up, SPIRIT classless advertisement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I doubt pilots wrote it also but "we're high" leaves it wide open. So you all think this is not a classless add? I guess I don't meet the demographic to fly on or for NK.

I don't want pilots to be drunk either but if they made a play on words about getting drunk flying to somewhere known for cheap rum, I wouldnt associate that with the pilots...

I think they are embracing a different demographic, for sure. The ones that pay 9 dollars for a ticket.

Society has loosened up grandpa (OP)... have you not cable TV. its amazing whats permitted on regular cable and the ubiquitous obnoxious ads to grab your attention on plain TV. what Spirit does is in humor.... contemporary society almost embraces it... especially the Y or Z or whatever younger generation is behind most of us. They like this "snarky" stuff.

Maybe they should be a European airline. I just love the looseness or playfulness of European commercials...

SEEE HERE:

http://youtu.be/BnJk_v2UPYQ

:D

It's not the kind of thing I'd write, but I don't know about classless. I've seen worse.

This is Spirit's way of advertising....to put something out there that's some find offensive and get guys like you talking about it. So essentially you are doing more advertising for them by posting this, thanks! :)

This is Spirit's way of advertising....to put something out there that's some find offensive and get guys like you talking about it. So essentially you are doing more advertising for them by posting this, thanks! :)

While I'm at it... Your FREE SPIRIT miles EXPIRE before your drug test is clear (3 months) and there's NO $9 fares in the paid membership "$9 fare" club.

Hating Spirit is about as original as the cliche "can't make this up"

I really don't hate Spirit. I do not like the demoralization of our society and especially when it crosses into aviation. The $9 club and frequent flyer mile comment was just a comeback shot. I actually have enjoyed the few flights I have had on Spirit, even without the "Spirits".

You are exactly right. Advertising is only about how much attention they can get. A few anal peoples opinion means nothing compared to getting more people talking about them.
Obviously these ads did exactly what they intended, made more people aware of Spirit.

I really don't hate Spirit. I do not like the demoralization of our society and especially when it crosses into aviation. The $9 club and frequent flyer mile comment was just a comeback shot. I actually have enjoyed the few flights I have had on Spirit, even without the "Spirits".

Ok...I didn't realize that was a comeback, lol.

Latest resources

Back