• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW selling XJT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way I heard it, DL wanted to buy ASA back, and Jerry said HECK NO! Its a package deal, all or nothing.

The rumor I heard was DAL made an offer

Delta lost money on that turd once before, plus Delta has a better management team now than when they last owned/sold ASA. I don't see them making that mistake again.

why would they buy a company who's flying is almost 75% for UAL
Huh? To take control of a chunk of their regional feed? To take control of a bunch of pilots for the shortage? Why get into a fare war, when you can eliminate the competition by buying and controlling their feed? How many Regional pilots of any sort would turn a job at DAL down to go somewhere else?
Pilots are a necessary component to move very expensive equipment.
It's starting....

Huh? To take control of a chunk of their regional feed? To take control of a bunch of pilots for the shortage? Why get into a fare war, when you can eliminate the competition by buying and controlling their feed? How many Regional pilots of any sort would turn a job at DAL down to go somewhere else?
Pilots are a necessary component to move very expensive equipment.
It's starting....

If its true, which I doubt, this is the reason. Interrupt a competitors feed and staff your own company.

They have no way to buy XJT. No way...unless they're given it for free.

Last edited:
Usually when something seems too good to be true, it most always is. I know Nevets would love to work hand-in-hand with the GoJet pilot group to help stop the whipsaw. Plus, any 70-seat growth TSA was looking at for themselves would now instantly be XJT's by rights to first refusal.

Usually when something seems too good to be true, it most always is. I know Nevets would love to work hand-in-hand with the GoJet pilot group to help stop the whipsaw. Plus, any 70-seat growth TSA was looking at for themselves would now instantly be XJT's by rights to first refusal.

Call me a masochist but IF it meant that the ASA/XJT/TSA/Compass/GoJet pilot groups would be on one list, I would be open to it. That's a big if though.

HELL NO. You think this place is run bad under ASA leadership, this place would implode in a week(or less) under TSA Holdings leadership.

TSA Holdings knows how to BARELY run a 25-50 airplane operation, there is NO WAY they could run a 250 airplane operation in the LXJT operation plus almost 175 airplanes that LASA has.

The headquarters building in St. Louis would literally EXPLODE.

Latest resources

Back