• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor Air-(Pinnacle, Colgan, Mesaba)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm, and have Skywest Inc. do the majority of their regional flying. I don't see them making that mistake again

No. But replacing just 81 planes wouldn't be hard. For example, it could be spread over Skywest, GoJet, Shuttle America, and ASA.

Pinnacle could have been profitable during the bankruptcy even though they were trying to lose money (training where training costs could have been slashed by dropping the fences before merger). Imagine with costs cut and a streamlined management, maintenance, And ops? Delta and subsequently delta pilots will make a lot of profits on pinnacle (profit sharing)

You were named after a golf ball. Now you're named after a space shuttle. You guys are pretty cool.

Regional pilots arguing over their company's that they work for or against......... Is like retarded kids on the play ground pointing at each other and say, "your retarded!" "No, your retarded"! Sad, but really entertaining!

Regional pilots arguing over their company's that they work for or against......... Is like retarded kids on the play ground pointing at each other and say, "your retarded!" "No, your retarded"! Sad, but really entertaining!

Unfortunately for you, some of us were actually employed at Mesaba before Pinnacle bought us, we lived through the parade of stupidity. I lived through it twice, as I was Colgan before Pinnacle bought us out and ran us into the ground.

I know there are a lot of crap regionals, I worked for one... I work for that same one again now, but Mesaba was fine. During the Sham-ruptcy I'm sure it was awful, but good lord Mesaba was a real airline compared to Colgan or Pinnacle.

That's not to say the pilots are bad, just the differences in management and funding. Mesaba was very laid back in a lot of ways because NWA did everything for us. Pinnacle and Colgan had to slog it out and fight for a profit and some market share. I now fly with the pinnacle and colgan guys, and quite honestly some of them have PTSD from Pinnacle management. Mesaba guys/gals seem to shrug everything off but -for the most part- we never dealt with the Pinnacle management or books until some of us crossed over. That's the advantage of having a union and a good contract during a merger.

Whatever we are a year from now, we'll be a lot smaller and a lot happier because most of the SL will leave or get furloughed. Those left will be the ones that can truck through anything.

Latest resources

Back