Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does anyone know what the UAL min reqs will be?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A friend of mine with nearly 6000 hours with many years of 121 Jet PIC was told he didn't meet the mins.

It will be near or at ATP mins like Delta and Airways. This will be done in order to hire interns, internal recs, and type rating scholarship winners. Straight from a recruiter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This was posted on another board. Some speculated that it may be leftover from previous hiring window and may not be current so take it for what it's worth.
The mins are posted, but they're buried in the Airlineapps.com application. You won't see them until you hit the "compare" option after you've put everthing in, and it'll show a checkbox matrix of the posted mins vs. your qualifications. Then below that is the following text:

Additional Hiring Comments

The following are the minimum qualifications to apply for a pilot position:

· 1,500 hours fixed-wing total flight time
· 1,000 hours fixed-wing PIC time, or 500 hours fixed-wing PIC time and 500 hours fixed-wing SIC time in a turbojet
· 1,000 hours fixed-wing turbine time
· 1,000 hours fixed-wing multi-engine time (civilian or military) or 1,000 hours single-engine military fighter jet time
· Current ATP written exam
· Current first class FAA medical
· Bachelor''s degree is highly desired
· Current Passport
Please note: Your application must be updated at least once in the prior six months to be considered for an interview.

Last edited:
I got my first regional job in 2002 with around 1600 total time. Since then 2007 was basically the big year to move on to a major. Some did but I see many that were in college (based on what I see on Facebook) at the same time as me still at regional airlines. I took a chance on Allegiant. I am not saying they made bad choices, I am saying that the last decade in aviation was almost a lost decade for hiring. Either way I have over 10,000 hours and 6000 something turbine PIC, so that means many of my friends from that time frame all have similar numbers. I would assume most have resumes in at Delta and UPS and those larger airlines.

Who you know will help dramatically for those sitting right at the mins.

I would not assume all those 10,000 hour people are front of you. Some are financially buried and some just will not be able to go from 100K/year back to first year pay at any major. They will say they like the seniority, but the reality is they are stuck. (I guess it is a good question about how long you are supposed to delay life waiting for a shot at Delta?) The whole thing is messed up, regional pilots were supposed to fly a metro liner for 25K a year for four years and then move on to UAL, not fly an RJ for 8 years for 100K and then go to UAL for 40K first year.

A friend of mine with nearly 6000 hours with many years of 121 Jet PIC was told he didn't meet the mins.

i think you have mins confused with competitive..

but even that i would say is incorrect.

if you meet the mins apply and update and network.

Latest resources

Back