• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any "Latest & Greatest" About Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Atlas over UPS?? hmmmm...really? I don't know about that. I think if he had a choice, he would prob stay at UPS

best flying job

Certainly not better than UPS as a CAREER

I'll repeat: It's all in what you love to do. Making a ton of money isn't more valuable to me than thoroughly enjoying what I'm doing. Over my life I've met many people sitting on a mountain of money and hating life. If Atlas (or any other ACMI for that matter) don't fit then don't go there. If this life is what you like then go for it. Both choices are equally valid and it depends on what fits your life.

For all the Haters. I was at Atlas for 5 years and loved every minute of it. Great people and great stories! Grass is always greener, but no regrets.

I'll repeat: It's all in what you love to do. Making a ton of money isn't more valuable to me than thoroughly enjoying what I'm doing. Over my life I've met many people sitting on a mountain of money and hating life. If Atlas (or any other ACMI for that matter) don't fit then don't go there. If this life is what you like then go for it. Both choices are equally valid and it depends on what fits your life.

well put, and I would in a heartbeat go back to Polar for slightly less pay and have my old life back without the extra time on the road, the constant schedule changes and what I am now dealing with as an Atlas pilot....you're so right.. money is not everything

well put, and I would in a heartbeat go back to Polar for slightly less pay and have my old life back without the extra time on the road, the constant schedule changes and what I am now dealing with as an Atlas pilot....you're so right.. money is not everything

Just curious, was is there that much difference between what it was like on the Polar side vs. Atlas and the new contract?

Last edited:
Sorry, I mis-worded my post. When I said "is", I meant to imply when Polar was operated separate before the single contract. IOW, is there that much difference between then and now?

Edited for clarification.

Latest resources

Back